Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

What Are Your favorite Potting Bench Features?

Posted by Luxion 
What Are Your favorite Potting Bench Features?
November 04, 2016 01:52AM
I am so lucky! A gardening friend has offered to build me a custom potting bench! He said, "You design it, I'll build it!" Whaaaaaaaaat?! How can I say no?!

Please give me some of your potting bench features that you love the most about your own potting bench and what you would change. For example, I found I do not like the recessed area to "catch" excess potting soil on my outside-exposed-to-the -elements potting bench, as it fills up with water when it rains. But I DO like a place for everything so everything I need is in it's place.
ringtones free , pop ringtones, country music ringtones

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2017 04:16AM by Luxion.
Re: What Are Your favorite Potting Bench Features?
November 04, 2016 01:53AM
I use a picnic table right now, so I'm watching this to see what I need. I was planning to ask DH to make one based on the workbench he made for his garage. I was just thinking work surface, shelf under, room under for bucket or tub of soil, someplace for pens and labels ...This would sit outside behind the garage so dirt gets swept off to the ground
latest ringtone, zedge ringtone, popular ringtone

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2016 04:13AM by Emily185.
November 04, 2016 05:58PM
What about some of those circular clips that you just push the handle of a hand-tool into. Or hooks. They could be along the front of the the bench or down the legs. Use every little bit of available space.

Make sure the bench is the right height for you; not so low that you get back-ache and not so high that your arms are at an uncomfortable level.

Have a water source close by to minimise trips to the tap.

A couple or three circular holes at the ends or at the back of the bench into which you can sink plastic mugs to hold pens, pencils, labels, etc without forever knocking the mugs over.
November 07, 2016 09:00PM
Height, to me is the most important. Being reasonably tall I like things to be a little higher than normal, it makes such a huge difference.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.