Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Underwater garden

Posted by IngridO 
Underwater garden
April 17, 2017 04:23PM
Every time it rains our lawn is underwater for at least a week until it drains away - we have a clay subsoil so not very good drainage. Has anyone else had this problem and found a reasonably priced solution to it?
Re: Underwater garden
April 18, 2017 08:39AM
We had this problem in our first home. We laid our own drainage system, can't remember what it cost but wouldn't have been huge money. Novaflow was the brand back then.
April 18, 2017 04:19PM
Check existing soak holes (the location will be on council plans) to see if they are clogged with debris as well.
May 09, 2017 02:48AM
Thanks!
We do actually have a soak hole in the area but it fills right to the brim - it seems we are at the bottom of the bottom and all the people at the top look down at us literally in the gutters!

I did wonder how the Nova flow stuff worked - who would you call for a problem like this? Garden person? Drainage person?
May 09, 2017 05:43AM
Nova Flow, you dug a channel, partly filled with gravel, then put in the nova flow plastic pipe, there were holes in it to allow the water to drain into it, then you filled the rest with gravel, put dirt over the top. The channel was slightly sloped and ran into the storm water system....if I remember correctly.

[nzlandscape.co.nz]

I'd think a landscaper could put it in for you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.