Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Jade plant pruning advice?

Posted by Shawnturner 
Jade plant pruning advice?
December 09, 2017 10:03AM
Hi All,

Someone gave me this ugly jade plant. It's healthy and has a near one-inch thick trunk at the soil. I want to make the most of it with a drastic pruning, but I'm not sure how far I can go without killing it. Can I take off all the spindly branches leaves or must I keep some leaves? What would happen if I just chopped off the main trunk about six inches above the soil? I have a plant light that I could set up to give it a boost after pruning - we're not getting much light right now in central PA. I know I should probably wait, but the thing is so ugly, my onions are burning to take immediate action. I'm thinking if I can get it in shape, I might try it as a bonsai down the pike. But for now, I'd just like it to get on the road to the beauty I know it can be.

Any advice is much appreciated!

Thanks

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References
[garden.org]

Referral Marketing Examples
Re: Jade plant pruning advice?
December 09, 2017 09:09PM
If you didn't have the spam reference to marketing at the bottom of your post - I would think this was a genuine question. But due to the spam reference , which I wouldn't click on - I am not going to answer. Is this what spam is coming to now?
December 11, 2017 09:07PM
Well done Irene. I don't ever click on these 'recommendations' unless the poster is a recognised and known member of these forums. I just close the post and move on. Far too many at the moment.
Anonymous User
June 07, 2018 12:47PM
You are right to DO it.
June 07, 2018 11:37PM
Couldn't find the right solution from the internet? Have you tried Google? There are dozens of sites telling you how to care for one.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.