Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Retsina

Posted by HomeMade67 
Retsina
December 22, 2010 02:13AM
I am desperately searching for a Retsina - a Greek wine - to have as a Christmas gift. However, I have not found a single shop anywhere in Auckland that sells it. Can someone help me here?
Re: Retsina
December 22, 2010 02:19AM
BelMondo stock it [www.belmondo.co.nz]

They are in Tauranga however, so not sure if they can get it to you in time. Or ring them and they may know of an Auckland outlet?

Oh went back to my google search and found this Auckland outlet [www.bacchuscellars.co.nz]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2010 02:20AM by Irene Field.
December 22, 2010 02:34AM
Thank you so much! My google search skills must be lacking somewhat winking smiley
December 22, 2010 03:31AM
No problems. Hope you have some luck and Merry Xmas !! smiling smiley
December 22, 2010 06:36PM
you could also e-mail these guys at Etheridge Trading, they are greek importers. sales@lepanto.co.nz .

July 26, 2011 08:05AM
Hi HomeMade67,

Thanks for sharing your great information. In my point of view Ewoodart.com has provided very beautiful wine gift bottle for Christmas gift.

Thanks a lot
Wine Decor
August 25, 2011 12:50PM
Hi there,

Yes retsina is a wonderful wine but i like it from the cold barrels they have in some taverner's where its served ice cold, it gos with fish and souvlas(kebabs).

Only thing is once you start knocking it back you start going on a bad trip and in the morning one real bad nut ache.
I use to love the stuff when we went on holiday to see family (Iam a bubble by the way) especially when there's a wedding coming up retsina would be served but ice cold and from the barrels not bottle retsina, they give you a jug of the stuff straight from the barrel now thats a very nice retsina.

Cheers!!!
Abisha Lopez

Personalized Wine Gifts
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.