Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Can anyone recommend a breadmaker?

Posted by luxjules 
Can anyone recommend a breadmaker?
December 19, 2007 08:42AM
I have wanted to buy a panasonic SD253 breadmaker, but I have just found out nobody stocks them anymore and panasonic have stopped making them.
Apparently panasonic are putting out a new model, but no one has told me when
Can any one recommend another brand?
Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2007 08:43AM by luxjules.
Re: Can anyone recommend a breadmaker?
December 19, 2007 10:55AM
This won't help at all but I would only ever recommend a Panasonic - in a past career I've tried out quite a few different brands and only the bread out of the panasonic tasted good. If you are in Auckland I bought an ex demo from the appliance shed for a very reasonable price. if you are not from auckland I have just explained why people hate aucklanders ;0)

Debbie
[danceswithkumara.blogspot.com]
December 19, 2007 08:51PM
If you shop online you can probably still get it if you are in a rush.
Bev
December 20, 2007 12:59AM
I have a Panasonic and it is great. Hopefully you can track one down or can wait for the new model.
Bev
December 20, 2007 02:19AM
Panasonic, Panasonic, Panasonic

Hope this helps...!!!

Clare
December 21, 2007 03:27AM
Yes I would recommend a Panasonic, had one for about 5 years. It's great. Go to another shop, you don't have to have the latest model surely? and anyway you might get a good deal they may discount older model.

Pat
December 21, 2007 03:28AM
Yes I would recommend a Panasonic, had one for about 5 years. It's great. Go to another shop, you don't have to have the latest model surely? and anyway you might get a good deal they may discount older model.

Pat
December 21, 2007 03:59AM
Thanks, I have rung around all appliance stores and none of them no longer stock any panasonic models
December 21, 2007 05:17AM
This Panasonic breadmaker is currently on Trade Me and due to close on the 24th if you are interested. Currently at $11.50!!

[www.trademe.co.nz]
December 21, 2007 05:50AM
luxjules, did they give a reason why they no longer stock Panasonic? Could it be that Panasonic is so popular they have been unable to stock enough, especially if Panasonic is making a new model and has run out of old stock itself? I, too, would recommend Panasonic over anything else. It seems strange that it has gone off the market if everyone likes it so much.
December 21, 2007 11:02AM
Just to be different - I am very happy with my Breville Big Loaf.
December 21, 2007 11:13AM
Hello J1 - it sounds as if, from luxjules' opening comments, that there is a new Panasonic model pending - so possibly stocks of the last model have sold out through popularity.

I currently have a Breville (not the big loaf one) - but it just doesn't come up to the standards of my previous breadmaker which was a free give away with a veterinary stock drench many years ago. It was unlabeled/unnamed and probably imported by the stock drench company in bulk - but it was a fantastic machine which eventually died. I'd probably buy a Panasonic next time........ if only I could wear out this jolly Breville breadmaker!!
Regards,
Dawn.
December 21, 2007 07:24PM
My first breadmachine was the same as the Panasonic on the thread to TradeMe, and it's still making fantastic bread though now residing at my son's house. I have a 2nd hand Sunbeam Bakehouse which I am very happy with.
February 05, 2008 05:46AM
I bought one of these a couple of years ago when Farmers had a sale but didn't use it for about six months until my old Sanyo one (think it was a Bread Factory Plus, also very good) died. After only a few months the non-stick coating on the pan started to bubble and there was a rust spot so I contacted them and they said to return it for replacement, which I did. Unfortunately the second one isn't much better and although I pointed it out to them at the time, I was told it would be fine and it had a 12 month warranty anyway. The warranty is up at the end of next month so I decided to contact them again and of course they don't have breadmakers listed on their website now! What's the bet they have stopped making them, just when I need a new part? Fingers crossed they may have some spare parts lying around, but if not, I am stuffed.
February 23, 2008 07:09PM
HI
I just got from a garage sale a very good looking Beville Big Loaf bread maker after giving up on my sunbeam one. But alas no instruction book. I am playing around with receipes and have googled for manual but alas no luck.
Penny G if you could just give me the receipe for white bread that would be a great help i can go from there. The first loaf was ok i made, i am trying a second loaf with a different reciepe which has more yeast in it. Any help from anyone would be great
thanks in advance
Carolyn
February 24, 2008 12:08AM
Dawn - I have the breadmaker you are talking about and guess what - I found out it is made by Panasonic!
February 24, 2008 12:18AM
I have had my sunbeam for 9 years now and it is still going strong.
February 24, 2008 02:53AM
Rachel - you mean the freebee one? It was so good - it was worn to death by good usage in this house. How I wish I could have replaced it with another! And how I wish I'd asked all you good people for recommendations before I purchased the Breville - I would certainly purchase a Sunbeam if there is a next time. Are you happy with your cattle drench model Rachel?
Regards,
Dawn.
February 24, 2008 06:31AM
I love it. I use it every day, sometimes twice a day. Never have a bad result, and I have had it at least 6 years or more.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.