Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Cherry marzipan chocolates

Posted by Tinks 
Cherry marzipan chocolates
December 01, 2009 03:19AM
I am intending wrapping preserved cherries (from a jar) in a thin layer of marzipan and then dipping in chocolate.
Am wondering how these would keep. I am guessing being encased in chocolate would keep the cherries for a few weeks. Has anyone else tried making these, if so, any tips would be appreciated.
TIA
Re: Cherry marzipan chocolates
December 02, 2009 06:22AM
Hello Tinks,
I have never made these so cannot answer your question from experience! But to give you my thoughts may prompt others for their opnions which might help you.

If your cherries from a jar are cherries which have been preserved in brandy or alcohol or you used glace cherries I'd think that they woud keep for several weeks (that's if you can find a good hiding place!) and I don't know whether they would need to be refrigerated or not. Cherries preserved in alcohol would probably still have the stems on them and you could mould the marzipan and then dip in chocolate leaving the stems attached.

But, if the cherries you mention are just ordinary preserved types i.e. preserved in a sugar/water syrup, I'm not too sure how long they would last, but I wouldn't trust them to last any longer than a week under refrigeration before they deteriorate.

Just my thoughts and my mouth is watering at the thought!
Regards,
Dawn.
December 02, 2009 08:12AM
Tinks ... you just send them to me and I'll let you know how long I kept them for (before eating them!) They sound gorgeous!!!! All my fav combos .. marzipan, boozy cherries and chocolate! YUM!
December 15, 2009 05:36AM
Have just found a recipe for Chocolate Cherry Marzipan chocolates on the Safe website along with other interesting recipes. Well worth a look.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.