Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Savoury tomato sauce Alison Holst

Posted by Kiwi54 
Savoury tomato sauce Alison Holst
January 29, 2018 12:02AM
Could some kind person please give me Alison Holst savoury tomato sauce recipe. I used it many years ago and have lost it.
I lived in Aussie for many years and have returned to our beautiful country all inspired to get back to preserving etc. I have been unable to find it despite extensive searching. Feeling very sad.
Appreciate help thanks.
Re: Savoury tomato sauce Alison Holst
January 30, 2018 04:20AM
I have searched through my books but unfortunately I don't have it. Does anyone else?
January 30, 2018 05:01AM
I had a quick look among my Alison Holst recipes and found a Tomato Ketchup and for Chunky Tomato Sauce, the latter to be used straight away on pasta, sausages etc. If either sound what you are looking for then I will be happy to send through to you.
January 30, 2018 07:50AM
I have found Alison's recipe for 'Thick Tomato Savoury' which is a preserve for use on Pizza's etc. and has cubes of onion, red and green pepper, plus basil, oregano, mustard seed and celery seed.

Also I have found another of her recipes for 'Bottled Savoury Tomatoes' for use as pasta sauce, soups, etc. which just has basil, oreganum, celery seed and lemon juice or wine vinegar.

Do you think one of these is the recipe you are looking for?
Regards,
Dawn.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2018 07:51AM by Dawn.
January 30, 2018 08:01AM
Not the one but thanks for trying.
January 30, 2018 08:02AM
Yes the first one is the one. That’s great.
May I please have them both.
Appreciate that very much.
Thank you.
January 30, 2018 08:12AM
OK Kiwi54 - glad to be of help. I will PM them through to you tomorrow if that's OK.smiling smiley
Regards,
Dawn.
January 30, 2018 05:54PM
Thank you.
February 01, 2018 12:00AM
Kiwi54 - I have sent the recipes to you by 'Private Message'.

Just click on 'Private Messages' near the top of this page and it will take you through to my PM.
Regards,
Dawn.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.