Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Fillings for bread cases

Posted by sharon 
Fillings for bread cases
January 31, 2004 02:54AM
Hi, I`m after some receipes/ideas to put in bread cases( put a slice of bread in muffin tins and bake in oven.)
Thanks
Re: Fillings for bread cases
January 31, 2004 05:26AM
Have got a recipe for an creamy asparagus filling, will hunt it out and send it to you. I am not an asparagus fan but have always had great feed back when I have used it.

Cheers KC
Joy
January 31, 2004 10:02PM
Good morning Sharon,I make Bread cases and put fillings in them quite often.One has cheese & onion another has seafood,another mushrooms or sweet fillings with the likes of cottage cheese and sultanas.If you would like any or all of these please e/mail me as they are from a recipe book I used in our cafes so cant post them. Joy.
Joy
February 01, 2004 12:51AM
Roz I hope you got the recipe ok??Raewyn I had trouble getting yours through.If you e/mail me I will try to forward . Joy
February 01, 2004 04:47AM
I used to make one too my own recipe so here you all are.
Make a nice white sauce with 1/4 tsp dry mustard & a little bit of chicken stock pwdr. add chopped asparagus & if you want, a hard boiled egg chopped into it as well, decorate on top with a little parsley
February 01, 2004 05:26AM
Hi Joy, Can I also have your recipes for filling bread cases.Thanks in anticipation.
Anne
Joy
February 01, 2004 08:01AM
have sent it,Anne and Jeanette. joy
February 02, 2004 01:45AM
Thank you to all the great ideas, but i have 1 question.
After you have baked the bread and before the fillings go in, can you freeze them and then thaw out as needed.??
Sorry if its a really dumb question, but i thought that the bread may go soggy or something.
February 03, 2004 12:06AM
Hi Sharon, The bread cases do not go soft, as they have been baked. I also put the cases in a plastic container so they do not get knocked and crumble.
Anne
Joy
February 03, 2004 12:21AM
I keep mine in an airtight container in the pantry.Mind you they are not there long, as so handy.
August 10, 2004 01:21AM
Joy, could you please send me your recipe for the breadcases. Thanks
August 10, 2004 05:13AM
Made the breadcases and filling altogether. Cooked and put them in the freezer. Took a dozen and a half to an occasion - along with screeds of other food - and they disappeared promptly. Got the filling from Lyn and it consisted of ham, onion, crushed pineapple, egg and milk. After they were cooked and cooled I found the filling shrunk a little so before freezing mashed some potatoes and put a tiny spoonful on top followed by some grated cheese. Lyn cut her bread circles using a preserving screw top but didn't have one so used a round glass sundae dish. Also read a couple of times since that it helps to roll the bread thin. Will do this next time. At the moment am having a little rest from cooking as I did 16 varieties of food for this occasion. Will satisfy myself by enjoying what other foodlovers are cooking.so feed it to me!!:}

October 21, 2004 05:13AM
Can you please email me some bread cases filllings idea's

Thanks

EH
October 21, 2004 06:52AM
I know you will be fed up by now sending emails for your bread cases but would like them too pleasewinking smiley Cheers MarionElise Heaton wrote:

> Can you please email me some bread cases filllings idea's
>
> Thanks
>
> EH
October 21, 2004 06:54AM
Hi Joy

Don't know what happened to my email , looks as though someone else joined in at the end. Oh, well never mind.
October 21, 2004 10:20PM
Could I please have the filling recipes too please.
Many thanks
Anita
October 21, 2004 11:40PM
Hello Joy (and everyone else) smiling smiley

Your breadcase fillings sound wonderful, would you be able to zap them my way too please?

Many thanks
Wendy

October 22, 2004 12:09AM
I would love them too please Marion
October 22, 2004 07:58AM
Kaye, could I please have the creamy asparagus recipe too? Thanks very much in advance. Bernadette
October 22, 2004 08:01AM
Joy, could I please have the breadcase filling recipes too? I'd be most grateful. Bernadette
October 22, 2004 11:19AM
Hello

I feel sure that by now you'll be wishing that you had never offered us all those bread case fillings but if you still have time and energy - could you please send them my way too? Many thanks
jen
October 22, 2004 11:37AM
How long do you(pre-cook??) the bread cases for? These wee things are always yunny, but I've never actually made any before, would love to have a go. Thanx.
October 23, 2004 12:32AM
Hi Joy

Would love filling recipes also.
October 23, 2004 07:45AM
Hi Joy
Can I too have your recipes, tried to email you direct but with no luck- kept bouncing back.

thanks
Lesley
October 23, 2004 10:05AM
Sorry but me too if possible. I also tried to e-mail direct but wouldn't go through then realised your name was in black that meant we couldn't e-mail direct.

Thanks
Noeleen
October 24, 2004 11:11PM
I just make a thick cheese sauce and add different types of fillings.E.g
Salmon,crabstick,shrimps,tuna,smoked fish etc for seafood ones.
Finely chopped chicken with mustard is nice.
Asparagus.
Curried egg
Ham and onion.
It always looks better with a bit of parsely or chives in too to give a bit of colour.smiling smiley
ann
October 25, 2004 05:10AM
I would also like to get the filling recipes too please.
This is the time of the year when we start having to take plates
of food to end of the year functions. Thanks Ann.
November 09, 2004 03:25AM
Joy - I've tried and tried to email you to ask for the recipes, but they just keep coming back! I wonder, if you ever check this thread again, if you would be kind enough to send them to me.

Many thanks
Marcia
March 25, 2005 04:35AM
Hiya, I would love to try your recipies, if it's not too much trouble.
I have some smoked Marlin in the freezer and thought breadcases
would be handy, but havn't found anything on the internet.

Cheers
March 25, 2005 06:08AM
Would love the fillings recipes too please, especially the asparagus one. Thanks Gaynor
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.