Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

New oven, again

Posted by lynley 
New oven, again
July 24, 2012 04:06AM
Can anyone name an oven that has the following features, but not an $8K pricetag?

Gas burner top 90cm, with cast iron trivets
Flame failure
Electric oven, including convection
Temperature & clock digital display
Splash back
Adjustable height
Self-cleaning
Warming drawer
True large capacity oven (i.e. not 90cm of exterior hiding normal sized oven)
RELIABLE
doesn't take forever to heat up
um - I'm sure there is more - but those are the basic requirements

we are in the market for a new oven soon - Consumer mag article I paid $10 was next to useless, only tested Bosch, F&P Smeg and Westinghouse - but there are so many more......

.....would love some real life experience feedback?

thankyou yet again foodlovers!

Four legs good, two legs bad. George Orwell
Re: New oven, again
July 24, 2012 04:40AM
We have a Parmco underbench oven and gas cooktop, both 900 wide. I cook a lot, and am happy with both, and would buy both again.
J1
July 24, 2012 12:04PM
Sidestep note: Public libraries have (free) hard copy versions of Consumer magazines, which come in handy sometimes when you want to check a report.
July 25, 2012 12:52AM
I have a Delonghi of which I am very happy with.
Mine is close to 1 metre wide but has double oven - love small oven for scones, chicken, puddings etc...
I really like gas hobs and electric oven.
Actually I don't think there is anything I don't like.
It doesn't self clean but that is possibly the age as opposed to the brand.
July 25, 2012 07:19AM
I have the 60 cm version of what your looking for minus the warming function. All up I paid about 2700, so moving up to the 90 cm size will be no where near 8K. bosch gas top, and baumatic oven. I am not an expert, but these newer convection ovens are very insulated. I cant get much more than a 40x30 cm cooking tray in it, however, the fact you can use any height on fanbake just means I use two trays instead of one. www.productreview.com.au is good to look at.
July 25, 2012 09:58AM
thanks all - was looking for a freestanding oven - but beginning too think, why not a wall oven and separate gas top, different brands...hmmm - just started the long haul research, review websites in NZ generally suck!

July 25, 2012 11:01PM
just so you know, Parmco do a freestanding oven, 900wide. If you are in Auckland, the appliance shed often has Parmco appliances.... elsewhere, no idea sorry.
July 25, 2012 11:24PM
thanks Sharon - on Waiheke Island - close enough!

July 25, 2012 11:31PM
Yes, I don't suppose there is much in the way of Appliance stores on Waiheke? Lovely beaches and wineries though smiling smiley And a sunny day today if it is anything like Waimauku at the moment.
July 25, 2012 11:32PM
I haven't seen or heard how it performs as yet, but a friend just bought an Electrolux (didn't know they were into ovens) and apparently you insert a glass shelf and it cuts the oven capacity to half. You then have the benefit of both a small and large oven.
July 25, 2012 11:51PM
A damp dull day here - perfect for baking as Margaret Mahy would say!

July 28, 2012 07:46AM
I bought a conduction stove top from here online very good service and price, [www.maxvalue.co.nz]
and an electric double oven Electrolux which I am very pleased with- quick heat up, lots of options.
July 29, 2012 07:01AM
I now have a F &P, which I am really happy with. It ia a wall oven, but it cooks well has enough features, the roast function works really well, and it has an oven cleaning function, which I would now not be without
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.