Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Ainsley's tender & tasty chicken

Posted by lynley 
Ainsley's tender & tasty chicken
March 10, 2004 11:34PM
I just wanted to share a wonderful recipe that I made last night, it's an Ainsley Harriott recipe for Coriander & Lime Chicken

6 Garlic Cloves
4 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, plus xtra for garnish
2 tsp black peppercorns, coarsely ground
2 tsp caster sugar
2 limes, juice only
2 tsp fish sauce (nam pla)
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp sunflower oil
4 skinless, bone less chicken breasts

Finely chop the garlic & coriander then mix in peppercorns, sugar, lime juice, fish sauce, soy & oil - mix till well blended. Place breasts in the marinade for 1-2 hours, turning from time to time.

Pre-heat ridged griddle pan or heavy non-stick frying pan and cook the chicken for 7-8 minutes on each side till cooked through & golden brown with good bar marks, serve hot or cold garnished with coriander leaves.

The marinade contains lime juice, which tenderises the chicken, after more than a few hours though the meat fibres become so soft that the chicken literally falls apart - so not suitable for overnight marinating.

I used chicken pieces and baked the chicken - it was divine I served it with a simple salad of cos, iceberg, capsicum avocado and and lovely vinaigrette made with Picual olive Oil from the Village Press in Hawkes bay.

It was well tasty.....(p.s. the recipe is on the BBC website so no copyright issues)
Bev
Re: Ainsley's tender & tasty chicken
March 11, 2004 12:11AM
I make this often, it is delicious and I can highy recommend it :}
I agree this recipe is very tasty. The BBC website is a resource of wonderfully tasy recipes by very talented chefs.
Could I have the BBC's website please
Donna
Re: Ainsley's tender & tasty chicken
March 18, 2004 06:41AM
I made this recipe last night and really liked it. The limes I had weren't very juicy and used a couple more limes as I didn't get a lot of juice from them. Out of interest approximately how much juice should I get from a lime?

Thanks

Donna
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.