Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

You know you're a food lover when...

Posted by Vanessa45 
You know you're a food lover when...
October 01, 2016 04:46AM
I did a post about a year ago starting with 'You know you're a food lover when..."

This is my latest foodie excitement.

At the Asian supermarket they sell bags of chicken frames VERY cheap. 2 bags cost me about $2.00
I take them home and make chicken stock with them.

When its done, I take the carcasses out of the delicious stock and slowly pick all the moist chicken off the bones. This takes a while BUT there is such satisfaction using something that to most is rubbish. 2 bags of bones gives me a really decent container of chopped/shredded chicken to uses in so many ways.

I love discovering things that dont cost the earth but are economical and delicious if you put the effort in.

Homemade chicken stock and delicious moist chicken - endless possibilities

Vanessa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2016 04:52AM by Vanessa45.
J1
Re: You know you're a food lover when...
October 01, 2016 07:14AM
...you get told you're going to a nice restaurant for lunch that's been picked by a 'foodie' in the group of friends you're joining for the first time and find yourself at a brewery, choosing between fish and chips or chicken BLT with fries...
October 01, 2016 11:38AM
Haha J1 yes! And you read the reviews beforehand, and it lives down to pretty much all of them...
October 04, 2016 05:42AM
you start cooking and mixing differents type of foods! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
October 04, 2016 10:45AM
You buy way too many Cookbooks and Food magazines for your space but can't bear to throw them out
October 04, 2016 12:24PM
Before you even get out of bed in the morning and you think "What shall we have for dinner tonight"? Often when you had already decided on something else the night before.

I had to smile at J1's post. That would be first choice for my grandsons.
October 09, 2016 04:26AM
Visitors comment," Do you always eat like this?' Not sure if this is a "good" or a "bad" comment.smiling smiley
October 09, 2016 11:16AM
Love it!
Another one would be when you feel VERY comfortable shopping at the Asian supermarkets and get complimentary looks when the local asian customers look in my trolly. I better learn a bit of Mandarin I think.
Vanessa
DK
October 24, 2016 03:27AM
...you're buying a baguette, a piece of St Marc gateau, some canele and a palmier from the best French bakery in the city and on one arm you have a bag of stuff from the Sri Lankan grocer next door while on the other arm you have a bag from the Chinese supermarket across the road. This was me at 11am this morning!
J1
October 24, 2016 03:36AM
You're having lunch with a friend who's mentioning they've been going gluten-free and dairy-free for several months now, and they're eating Eggs Benedict (hollandaise = butter) with the usual toast replaced by hash browns...(which have flour in them...)...sigh....
October 24, 2016 11:40AM
When your best friend's hubby dies and everyone just assumes you'll sort food for everyone who walks through the door. And I will, and I actually love it, it'd just be nice if someone ASKED!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.