Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Just cakes....

Posted by Flora205 
Re: Just cakes....
October 07, 2017 04:55PM
Sweet beginning of the autumn – pumpkin tart

There are some products which are housewives' allies. In my opinion, courgette, French pastry, beetroots and cheese belong to this group. I always have them in my fridge, because they allow me to prepare any dish in a crisis situation. Today they were joined by the pumpkin. Usually, I use pumpkin to make crumpets, salads or soups. Today I would like to share with you the recipe for a sweet version of a dish with pumpkin. I made it by following Jamie Oliver's recipe.

So, I invite you to a good, because it is sweet, beginning of the autumn, with the pumpkin – the queen of the autumn vegetables – in the lead role. This shortbread tart with a creamy pumpkin stuffing has a beautiful autumnal colour and a slight taste of caramel. It should really be a decoration for the Sunday table and is an interesting proposal for a Halloween party.

Ingredients (25cm cake tin)
dough
200g of flour
35g of caster sugar
100g of butter
1 egg
1 tablespoon of milk
pumpkin stuffing
400g of peeled pumpkin
400ml of milk
150g of brown sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
2 eggs

complete recipe is here

Flora205 Warsaw/Poland
[www.home-madepatchwork.com]
Follow me on Facebook and Instagram
November 10, 2017 12:13AM
Swift ginger and pear cookies for afternoon coffee

Today I would like to share with you the recipe for swift autumn cookies with French pastry and a sweet ginger-cinnamon-pear stuffing. Served with afternoon coffee they warm us up brilliantly and dispel the foul autumn weather.

Ingredients (8 cookies)
1 pack of chilled French pastry
1 big pear
1 flat teaspoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of fresh grated ginger
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla sugar
2 tablespoons of milk

the complete recipe is here

Flora205 Warsaw/Poland
December 04, 2017 01:05PM
CRANBERRY-APPLE CAKE

The worst thing about my cranberry-apple cake is the way it looks. It didn't look impressive, but it was so yummy it disappeared from the baking pan before it had completely cooled down. My children said that it was a colourful apple pie, and it really was something like that. Apples with cinnamon are the basis of apple pie one of my favourite cakes. However, the sour cranberries make it more fresh and interesting. The crumble topping was, for my son, the most important part of the cake. I had to drive him away, because otherwise the cake would have been deprived of its crunchy top.

Ingredients (18x26cm cake tin ):
dough
200g of flour
150g of butter
3 eggs
1 packet of powdered vanilla blancmange
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
200g of sugar
1 teaspoon of baking powder
pinch of salt
fruit
250g of fresh cranberries
1 apple
3 tablespoons of brown sugar
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
crumble topping
5 tablespoons of brown sugar
100g of butter
150g of flour

for interested the complete recipe is here

Flora205 Warsaw/Poland
December 15, 2017 10:06AM
BANOFFE - MY DAUGHTER'S BIRTHDAY CAKE

This year, mischievous nature tried to upset my daughter's birthday plans. Spending your birthday in bed with a thermometer isn't an excellent idea even for an adult. For a teenager it is a drama comparable to cancelled holidays. My daughter told me that you are thirteen only once. And she was right. Literally and figuratively.

I wanted to sugar the pill for her on this day and cheer her up for a bit, so I prepared a caramel cake with bananas banoffee in the form of a small birthday cake. My sweet magic and the dinner from her favourite restaurant worked, and in the end her birthday was quite nice.

Ingredients (17cm cake tin):
150g of biscuits
75g of butter
200ml of 30% sweet cream
250g of mascarpone cheese
2 tablespoons of caster sugar
2 bananas
300g of fudge
1 teaspoon of dark cocoa

for interested the complete recipe is here

Flora205 Warsaw/Poland
December 16, 2017 03:24AM
I cared for a young woman recently, who had to spend her 21st birthday in labour. Ended up with a caeserean section too, what a way to spend that special day!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.