> working well with raspberries too.

Halo Heather,

of course it will work with raspberries as well.smiling smiley

Flora205 Warsaw/Poland
[www.home-madepatchwork.com]
Follow me on Facebook and Instagram
Re: Your favorite dessert
July 09, 2017 03:04PM
Hehe i love chocolate fondant! Its my absolute favourite!

Check out my instagram! @NotoriousFoodie
July 16, 2017 07:46AM
Hey, You could try out the wide variety of Indian desserts offered on Baazkart (https://www.baazkart.com/collections/sweet) they ship worldwide too. You name any sweet and they have it, also check out the blog on the different dishes each region in India is famous for here [blog.baazkart.com] smiling smiley
July 21, 2017 12:43PM
Afternoon tea with finger biscuits.

With my children in mind I prepared an extremely simple dessert using natural yoghurt and biscuits as basic ingredients. It was supposed to be for children. By default, though, I prepared a bit more and we were all able to relish it.

Ingredients (for 4 people)
400g of natural yoghurt
200g of finger biscuit
200g of raspberries
2 teaspoons of caster sugar

the recipe is here

Flora205 Warsaw/Poland
July 27, 2017 03:28PM
hello guys, how are u doing? This is a wonderful fruit u can use with this dessert. Learn more about it [www.lajm-shqip.com]
July 28, 2017 12:21AM
Feather-light chocolate whip with aquafaba

There wouldn't be anything special in this dessert if it wasn't for its main ingredient. It was aquafaba - i.e. the liquid which is left after straining chickpeas from a tin. Up to now I have poured it away. From today I will never make this mistake. Joël Roessel, a French chef, was the discoverer of aquafaba. He wanted an alternative to eggs when preparing meringues.

Protein and starch are the only ingredients of aquafaba. It doesn't have any other additives. Cold aquafaba can be whisked like an egg white. Next time I will try to prepare some meringues with aquafaba, but now I would like to share with you the recipe for an extremely simple chocolate whip. I served it with the sub acid from an apricot mousse. My children were delighted, and so were we.

200ml of aquafaba (from one tin of chickpeas)
2 teaspoons of caster sugar
150g of dark chocolate
6 apricots
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
2 tablespoons of brown sugar

the recpe is here

Flora205 Warsaw/Poland
August 02, 2017 12:27AM
Millet groats cookies with tahini and chocolate.

This time I prepared millet groats cookies with tahini and chocolate. They are not so sweet, have lots of sesame seeds and are crunchy with a beautiful, homely smell.

Ingredients (30 cookies)
3 tablespoons of tahini
120g of brown sugar
100g of butter
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
a pinch of salt
1 egg
130g of millet groats flakes
75g of flour
½ teaspoon of baking powder
½ of baking soda
100g of dark chocolate

the recipe is here

Flora205 Warsaw/Poland
August 19, 2017 03:15PM
Granary pancakes with bilberry mousse

Today I would like to share with you the recipe for "slimmed down" pancakes. Luckily, I don't have any problems with fruit in my children's diet; they like all kinds of fruit. But I know that for other parents pancakes could be the best way to sneak some vitamins into their food.

I found the recipe for the pancakes at Polish "wegepedia.pl", and it appealed to me instantly because of the easy and basic preparation and the yummy look of the pancakes.

Ingredients:
200g of granary flour
one teaspoon and a half of baking powder
4 tablespoons of brown sugar
1 flat teaspoon of cinnamon
300ml of vegetable milk
Other ingredients
100g of bilberries
30ml of water
3 dates

the complete recipe is here

Flora205 Warsaw/Poland
August 25, 2017 07:32PM
White chocolate whip with aquafaba with crumble topping and fruit.

Today I would like to share with you a dessert fit for a king. It needs a bit of work, but it is easy, and so tasty that you won't regret the time you spent on it. I have already made chocolate whip with aquafaba. Today I added a bit of whisked sweet cream, due to which it is more creamy but it isn't suitable for vegetarians.

You may use any fruit. In my opinion, bilberries, blueberries or raspberries are best. Cherries would also be excellent, but you may use your favourite fruit.

Ingredients:
crumble topping:
50g of butter
50g of flour
50g of sugar
1 tablespoon of sesame seeds

whip:
200ml of aquafaba (from one tin of chickpeas)
150g of white chocolate
150ml of 30% sweet cream
30g of caster sugar
other ingredients
fruit
caster sugar

Flora205 Warsaw/Poland
September 05, 2017 06:58PM
Pineapple and coconut the ideal couple

Today, inspired by the recipes from the book "Zielone koktajle. 365 przepisw" ("Green cocktails. 365 recipes" ) I prepared a light coconut-pineapple dessert. You may make it without sugar if you have enough sweet fruit. If your pineapple isn't very ripe, add a bit of honey to your dessert.

fruit mousse
1 pineapple
300ml of coconut milk
1 banana
150ml of orange juice
2 tablespoons of desiccated coconut
decoration
50g of butter
1 tablespoon of caster sugar
4 tablespoons of desiccated coconut
4 slices of orange
fruit

Flora205 Warsaw/Poland

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2017 06:59PM by Flora205.
September 23, 2017 04:47PM
Wholemeal chocolate muffins with raspberries

The first week of the school year is over. After two months in which the children did nothing, it was the most difficult time of the year. In a while, when the children get used to schoolwork, it should be easier.

In order to sweeten this difficult time, today I prepared some very chocolaty wholemeal muffins. They were dark, with a thick, glossy frosting, and the juicy raspberries looked fabulous, smelled irresistible and tasted even better. They were the best fresh still hot with melted chocolate inside. In any case, you should try them for yourselves.

Ingredients (10 muffins)
dough

150g of wholemeal flour
3 tablespoons of cocoa
3 tablespoons of oil
130g of brown sugar
140ml of milk
1 egg
1 teaspoon of baking powder
10 pieces of dark chocolate

frosting

50ml of milk
50g of butter
100g of dark chocolate
raspberries

Flora205 Warsaw/Poland
November 11, 2017 08:00PM
Pumpkin muffins with chocolate

Today I would like to share with you the recipe for a dessert which was made with internet inspiration and the combination of two other recipes: carrot cake and pumpkin muffins with fruit stew. These muffins were an immediate hit at my Halloween party last year. I had to use baked and blended pumpkin for them. This time I used raw, grated pumpkin. I prepare carrot cake in exactly the same way. One of the ingredients in both desserts is cinnamon. It gives baked goods a slight taste of gingerbread. Thanks to the juicy vegetables, the muffins are moist and yummy even the next day.

Ingredients (for 24 muffins)
210g of grated pumpkin
2 eggs
200g of flour
180ml of oil
180ml of milk
130g of brown sugar
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
100g of chopped dark chocolate
150g of white chocolate

Flora205 Warsaw/Poland
November 12, 2017 06:03PM
My Irish Coffee

Today the children will have to forgive me, but adults also sometimes want a little pleasure. This is a recipe for people who don't have to drive a car or work, i.e. for lucky people or those who can rest at the weekend. Irish coffee is a drink made with strong coffee, Irish Whiskey, whipped cream and brown sugar. It is excellent on cold days. I recommend it after an autumn walk or when the lack of sun really gets you down. Basically, you can spike the coffee with any whiskey, but in my opinion Jameson Irish Whiskey is the best for this drink.

If you don't like whiskey, instead you can prepare another kind of spiked coffee: French coffee with brandy, Spanish coffee with sherry, or Jamaican coffee with dark rum.

Ingredients (for 2 drinks)
300ml of strong, hot coffee
40ml of Jameson Irish Whiskey
150ml of 30% sweet cream
4 teaspoons of coarse brown sugar
1 teaspoon of caster sugar
4 drops of vanilla essence

for interested the complete recipe is here

Flora205 Warsaw/Poland
November 16, 2017 11:21PM
Preparation for winter my fiery teas

Even though I would like to change the situation, the winter in Poland is coming (completely unlike in NZ smiling smiley ) . Sooner or later there will be sharp winds, frost and unpleasant moisture. I wonder how you use to warm up at home in NZ in such season, but on the first cold day I dust off my home recipe for hot and yummy winter teas.

You can use my recipe or come up with your own proposals for fiery mixtures. Only one thing should be the same: your favourite tea must be strong and hot.

Ingredients (for 2 teas)
Raspberry-orange
8 cloves
a piece of cinnamon
2 grains of cardamom
4 slices of orange
2 teaspoons of honey
your favourite tea
50ml of raspberry juice or 30ml of raspberry juice and 30ml of raspberry liqueur

Lemon-ginger
8 cloves
3 slices of fresh ginger
2 grains of cardamom
50ml of ginger syrup or 30ml of ginger syrup and 30ml of ginger-lemon liqueur
4 slices of lemon
2 teaspoons of honey

for interested the complete recipes are here

Flora205 Warsaw/Poland
November 18, 2017 05:02PM
ORANGE CREME BRULEE WITH MILLET GROATS

One of our friends said recently that he doesn't cook for himself. He eats what his wife prepares: sometimes it is something healthy and other times something yummy. It was a joke, of course, because his wife cooks really well, but this sentence is now in our friendly canon of jokes.

Inspired by our talk about groats, flakes and healthy food, I prepared a dessert which combines excellent taste and healthy ingredients. The original recipe comes from the Lidl cookery book. I would like to share with you my version of this dish. I recommend Creme brulee with millet groats to everybody who counts calories. It is mild, not too sweet, wonderfully creamy inside and with an incredible crunchy crust on top. That's why we love creme brulee, don't we? I prepared a cranberry-orange preserve to offset the sweetness of the dessert. The whole dessert looked beautiful and tasted perfect.

creme brulee
100g of dry millet groats
350ml of almond milk
2-3 tablespoons of brown sugar (3 additional tablespoons for the sugar crust)
juice and skin from one orange

confiture
150g of fresh cranberries
juice and peel from one orange

Flora205 Warsaw/Poland

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2017 05:03PM by Flora205.
November 26, 2017 09:30PM
INSTEAD OF COFFEE? - MORNING GREEN COCKTAIL

After waking up, most of us head towards the kitchen for the most welcome morning drink. Coffee opens our eyes, gets us up and motivates us to act. Today I would like to offer you a healthy alternative to daily morning coffee. I don't want to turn you off coffee completely. After all, it has an excellent aroma and fantastic flavor. There isn't anything more relaxing during a busy day than a coffee break with friends.

In spite of the weather outside, change your kitchen for a while and try something new. My green cocktail is also an excellent way to wake up and restore energy. Add to it a pinch of curcuma powder, which brings comfort and acts as a buffer against autumn depression.

Ingredients (for 2 people):
200ml of green tea
4 new kale leaves
1 green cucumber
half an avocado
1 pear
1 banana
pinch of salt
pinch of curcuma

For interested the complete recipe is here

Flora205 Warsaw/Poland
December 02, 2017 01:31PM
BICOLOUR DESERT WITH SEMOLINA

Today when we think about breakfast with milk we can choose different kinds of flakes, granolas, muesli and milk which has sometimes never been anywhere near a cow. When I was a child, only semolina rolled oats and rice were on the menu. Semolina with milk our hated everyday breakfast means that I don't fancy using it in my kitchen. But, as they say, time is a great healer and semolina was on our table last weekend for dessert. The dessert had two colours: the first layer was vanilla, and the second was with cocoa. On the top I put some mousse with blueberries. The dessert was very grand and really very tasty.

vanilla layer
50g of semolina
400ml of milk
3 tablespoons of brown sugar
cocoa layer
50g of semolina
400ml of milk
3 tablespoons of brown sugar
2 tablespoons of cocoa
fruit mousse
200g of blueberries
1 tablespoon of brown sugar
pinch of cinnamon
1 tablespoon of lemon juice

Flora205 Warsaw/Poland
December 06, 2017 01:12PM
SWIFT HOMEMADE NAPOLEON

Sometimes we have days may there be as few as possible when nothing works out. I can even burn the water for tea. I have two ways of dealing with such days. The first is to sit in a corner and wait it out maybe it will sort itself out. I can only do this when I'm alone. When I have a hungry family I have to look for another way. My second way is to use only well-known recipes and stick to them irregardless of how well I know them. Any experiments in this situation will end in failure.

Last weekend was just difficult. My husband helped me prepare dinner, but the dessert was my problem alone. Following the rules, I used a recipe for napoleon that is so simple there is no way you could fail. I recommend it to anyone struggling with creative impotence or who likes glamourous results after not too much effort in the kitchen.
Ingredients (for 9 napoleons)
1 pack of chilled French pastry
500ml of milk
6 tablespoons of sugar
1 packet of powdered blancmange
50g of butter
2 egg yolks
1 tablespoons of potato flour
2 tablespoons of flour
caster sugar

Flora205 Warsaw/Poland
December 10, 2017 06:53PM
MILLET GROATS CHOCOLATE CREME WITH CRANBERRY MOUSSE

Today I would like to share with you the recipe for the best chocolate crème I have ever eaten. It is thick, smooth and very chocolaty in flavour and colour. Despite the chocolate, the dessert isn't too sweet. But if somebody thinks that it is, I recommend serving it with slightly sour fruit mousse. You can use cherries, currants or cranberries. You will make an unusually yummy arrangement and your dessert will look beautiful.

My children were delighted with this dessert. I told them about the fact it had been made with millet groats after they had eaten it, and ... they didn't believe me. Next time I will prepare the millet groats crème with a double portion of ingredients.

chocolate crème
100g of millet groats
200g of dark chocolate
1 tablespoon of dark cocoa
250ml of almond milk
fruit mousse
250g of fresh cranberries
juice and peel of one orange
half a teaspoon of grated ginger

Flora205 Warsaw/Poland
December 12, 2017 12:16PM
COURGETTE MUFFINS WITH LEMON

Since I found the recipe for courgette muffins with lemon on the Polish blog gotujzcukiereczkiem I decided to prepare them. My children looked at the ingredients with surprise. Courgette and cakes don't go together well. The argument that they add caster sugar to the courgette pancakes didn't convince them. The muffins reminded my husband of the lemon cake his grandma used to prepare many years ago. I just liked them. They were short lived, because they disappeared in no time, slightly lemony, moist and not too sweet. They were perfect.

If I didn't know they had courgette in them, I would never believe it. Try it, because it is worth it.

Ingredients (for 12 muffins)
muffins
200g of flour
a pinch of salt
half a teaspoon of baking soda
half a teaspoon of baking powder
150g of sugar
peel from one lemon
a tablespoon of lemon juice
2 eggs
150ml of oil
a teaspoon of vanilla essence
a teaspoon of lemon essence
210g of grated courgette
icing:
3 tablespoons of milk
10 tablespoons of caster sugar
1 teaspoon of lemon essence

Flora205 Warsaw/Poland
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.