Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Easter - whats on the menu?

Posted by IngridO 
Easter - whats on the menu?
April 12, 2017 10:36AM
I'm planning to take some Devilled Eggs that look like little chicks to a friends Easter egg hunt (Pic attached)

What Eastery food are you planning on making this weekend?
Attachments:
open | download - landscape-1427143936-deviled-chicks-ghk0415.jpg (143.5 KB)
Re: Easter - whats on the menu?
April 13, 2017 06:44AM
Ingrid, the chicks look so cute. Full marks for making something special for Easter. Apart from hot cross buns there will be nothing else that spells Easter. I feel that it's hard enough to keep weight under control once you get a bit older and, as they say,' a moment on your lips a lifetime on your hips'. I am still recovering from the Christmas carnage.smiling smiley
April 13, 2017 07:01AM
For an Easter dinner party on Saturday: a shoulder of lamb, cut in four, is presently marinating in Middle Eastern spices and will be roasted for about six hours with potatoes. The other vegetables will depend on how our vege garden survives the expected gales, but I think the silver beet and kale should come through without too much damage.

I have made a chocolate, whiskey and toasted oats ice cream for our pudding.
April 13, 2017 07:57AM
Those are so cute Ingrid!!

We are having Laksa tonight (not traditional just easy and tasty!!)

Tomorrow we will share Hot Cross Buns with extended family - toasted with butter... We are going to friends for dinner tomorrow night and I am taking a salad - not sure what will be on the menu.

Aside from that I am unsure as yet....
April 13, 2017 11:31AM
Very cute chicks Ingrid, quite creative. We are hhaving family over & I have laksa soup & curried fish & a Thai salad followed by a chocolate log. I will also make Helens hot cross buns & chocolate muffins with a caramel filled mini easter egg inserted inside for mornig tea.
April 14, 2017 06:30PM
eggs, meat, fish
April 15, 2017 03:59AM
Doing something with the mountain of passionfruit I've been blessed with. Picked up at least 3kg yesterday, and got more out there again today, my vine has gone crazy this year. I'll make curd, and I saw a recipe for a passionfruit sorbet that I'm going to try, and I made passionfruit jelly last weekend so I think I'll do that again. I picked up some free range pork belly on special this week, so I'm planning to slow cook that, and have family and friends around tomorrow for Easter Sunday dinner.
April 16, 2017 11:21PM
GRIZ: Are you using passionfruit with the free range pork belly ? or did I read that wrong - anyway I'm intrigued!
April 16, 2017 11:53PM
Roast Pork (Pak n Save special)
Pulled pork wraps the next day
Normal stuff, the kids ate a hot cross bun, no ones too fussed about them tho and of course easter eggs.

We did have a picnic in the park yesterday and ended up getting pizza for afternoon tea ;-)

Vanessa
April 17, 2017 01:11PM
On the table on the last Easter day smiling smiley Eggs in Parma ham baskets.

Ingredients for 2 people:

6 slices of Parma ham
2 tablespoons of olive oil from dried tomatoes
4 dried tomatoes in olive oil
a fistful of baby spinach leaves
2 eggs
1 clove of garlic
2 tablespoons of Parmesan
salt and pepper

the whole recipe is here

Flora205 Warsaw/Poland
[www.home-madepatchwork.com]
Follow me on Facebook and Instagram
Attachments:
open | download - DSC_0890b.jpg (39.7 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.