Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

How to make Roti?

Posted by IngridO 
How to make Roti?
May 31, 2017 12:11PM
Anyone know how to make the puff pastry style Roti?
Re: How to make Roti?
June 01, 2017 08:40AM
Do you mean the filled ones?
I think all you do it add your filling - tuna/chicken/meat in a bit of a roux and make the triangles and bake.
They are delicious and very addictive.
June 01, 2017 12:12PM
No, the roti that is almost like a croissant style Indian bread
June 01, 2017 04:39PM
Do you mean Roti Canai, Ingrid? Malay sweet bread? I buy it from "mouthtraps" here, at Moore Wilsons.
June 01, 2017 11:47PM
Do you mean parotta? Here's a link to a recipe that I think you might be talking about

[www.kannammacooks.com]

Scroll to about halfway down the page where the recipe and method are written in recipe format rather than the chatty text and pictures taking up the first half of the page.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2017 11:49PM by Lorna.
June 02, 2017 12:24AM
I think you mean these [foodandremedy.com]

to be honest they are quite hard to get the right outcome. They need to be rolled in a special way to get dough to the circle shape, not just anyway so they are circle shape.

You need to cook each one partially on non-stick pan, they they are shifted to a med-high flame where the entire roti is supposed to blow up and then its ready. They are really soft to eat when done properley.

If they don't blow up, the outcome is just cooked wheat and quite chewy. If you can its truly best to get someone who can make them properley to show you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.