Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Homemade Pizza

Posted by Vanessa45 
Homemade Pizza
August 04, 2017 10:44AM
I make home made pizza alot - its fabulous, MUCH better than buying it and soooo much cheaper.

Anyway I usually use a store bought pasta sauce as a base and I like quite a bit of it too. Today for the first time I used tomato puree. It was really good. On the second pizza I added dried herbs to the sauce, even better.

What do you use as a tomato base for pizza?

Vanessa
Re: Homemade Pizza
August 04, 2017 11:20AM
I fry rosemary and garlic in olive oil until golden, and then add a tin of tomatoes (it will spit) and simmer to reduce it until thick.
August 04, 2017 11:19PM
I usually like tomato paste too but would like to try Griz's sounds nice. We don't eat them a lot but I like a good one If I do.
August 04, 2017 11:53PM
My favourite is Barkers Sun Dried Tomato, found in the chutney section on supermarket shelves. In fact, I've tried all sorts of chutneys as the sauce on my 2 ingredient pizza bases and they're all delicious. And my 2 ingredient pizza bases have 4 ingredients: I add salt and herbs to complement the toppings in addition to the flour and yoghurt.
August 05, 2017 02:32AM
Same as Griz, except I use oregano in place of rosemary.
August 05, 2017 03:01AM
Similar to Griz, but onion (finely chopped), garlic, oregano and tinned tomatoes

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2017 03:02AM by Irene Field.
August 05, 2017 04:48PM
[www.burberry.org.au] burberry
<H1><a href="[www.yeezy-boost-350.us"]; title="yeezy boost 350"><strong>yeezy boost 350</strong></a></H1>
yeezy boost 350
Ray Ban wayfarer sunglasses
<a href="[www.raybanaviator.us] ban aviator</strong></a>
<a href="[www.nike-free-run.us">nike] free run</a>
<a href="[www.burberryoutlet.co"]; title="Burberry Outlet"><strong>Burberry Outlet</strong></a>
<H1><a href="[www.balenciagabag.us"><strong>balenciag] bag</strong></a></H1>
August 06, 2017 02:15AM
As usually these are a quick dinner I use a purchased pasta sauce. I do love just tom sauce, basil pesto swirls with grated feta and a little parmesan and cherry tom.... yum
J1
August 06, 2017 02:50AM
I was using my homemade tomato sauce which has much less sugar content than purchased brands, and this made for a very hard-to-resist pizza but sometimes lately I put tomato paste on instead but with a little bit of added sugar to cut the acidity and strength of the flavour.
DK
August 07, 2017 01:54AM
If I'm lazy I just use plain tomato paste with herbs sprinkled on top.

If I can be bothered, I make a raw tomato sauce with a drained can of tomatoes, salt, pepper, crushed/chopped garlic and some herbs. I blend it all up with my stick blender. No cooking required. If I want to make it a bit richer, I soak some sundried tomatoes in boiling water and blitz those up with the mixture.
August 10, 2017 03:39AM
Great minds think alike!

two must have ingredients for my pizzas are salami and anchovies. The kids arent keen on the anchovies but everyone loves salami. Sadly my 5 year old is still keen on the pineapple. The rest of us cant stand it.

Vanessa
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.