Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Fresh Avocado Co

Posted by helen 
Fresh Avocado Co
September 25, 2017 12:11PM
A couple of my friends have started ordering avocados from the avocado company and I think I may follow along and do so as well.
Quality is amazing and they seem to be able to stagger ripening.
I just thought I would share it here in case anyone was interested.
Re: Fresh Avocado Co
September 25, 2017 09:47PM
I leaped to do this with such enthusiasm but I can't get the site to work - either that or I will have multiple boxes winging their way South. Although they haven't my address or bankcard yet!
September 25, 2017 11:31PM
Have now completed an order - Thank you, Helen. Once again avos at this time of year (in supermarket) are pale and slimy. I miss my go to breakfast of avocado on promite toast. Will look forward to the arrival of these.
September 26, 2017 10:13AM
They certainly look great avocados. and delivery isnt too bad considering they are coming all the way form the BOP to around the country ($7-$8).
Thanks for sharing this.
Vanessa
September 27, 2017 03:23PM
For the past few years I've been ordering avos from Avocado To You (https://www.avocadotoyou.co.nz). They're very good quality (they used to be organic but had to give that up, but they still farm them with as few chemicals as possible) and very well priced - a box of 14-16 is $28.50 ex freight. You used to be able to get a box with some semi-ripened but they no longer do that - however, I don't find it difficult to ripen a few at a time and both ripened and unripened keep very well in the fridge. Very nice people to deal with as well.
September 28, 2017 09:13AM
CarolynC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> For the past few years I've been ordering avos
> from Avocado To You
> (https://www.avocadotoyou.co.nz). They're very
> good quality (they used to be organic but had to
> give that up, but they still farm them with as few
> chemicals as possible) and very well priced - a
> box of 14-16 is $28.50 ex freight. You used to be
> able to get a box with some semi-ripened but they
> no longer do that - however, I don't find it
> difficult to ripen a few at a time and both
> ripened and unripened keep very well in the
> fridge. Very nice people to deal with as well.

I've been ordering from them for years now. Wonderful avocados at a great price.
September 28, 2017 10:47PM
Mine arrived from Fresh Avocado Co yesterday....they are an excellent size and beautiful. It's the first pick and I will try and be patient while they sit on a dish slowly ripening. I shared a box of 12 with a friend. They worked out a little cheaper than those in the supermarket which look good but are invariably disappointing. Is it our fault? Do we, the customers, demand avocados and ignore that they too are seasonal? But why are so many fruit chilled and stored unripe and consequently rendered inedible? It must do dreadful damage to all growers' reputation.
November 09, 2017 11:42PM
I see you are lucky in NZ having such good avocado suppliers. In Poland I have to relay on shop purchases and this is unfortunately often the guessing

Flora205 Warsaw/Poland
[www.home-madepatchwork.com]
Follow me on Facebook and Instagram
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.