Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Ideas for a Baby Shower

Posted by Danube 
Ideas for a Baby Shower
March 04, 2018 02:18AM
My eldest daughter is expecting her first baby (a boy) and so we are having a baby shower for her in a couple of weeks. Any ideas for the party - food, decorations and games appreciated.
Re: Ideas for a Baby Shower
March 07, 2018 10:18AM
I am not usually tempted by blue coloured food but tiny (inch square) blue lamingtons, partially slitthrough with a dab of cream o top, are very cute.
Of course tiey cup cakes bite size club sandwiches, cheese platter, warm savouries...prob more savoury than sweet.

Games...look up google. My daughters shower recently everyone there had to take a baby photo of themselves and they had ato guess who was who as an adult.
EVeryone brings and "old" pareeting tip and compares it todays "modern" parenting.

If you have access to an old vintage dolls pram, that is a nice place to put the presents.
March 08, 2018 05:09AM
GAMES
Guess who - baby pictures of all the guests...
Ask questions of the father to be - ie: How many hours does a newborn sleep? How many nappies do they go through? What is an epidural?
Name the baby - based on a theme (Names starting with TH, Royal Names, Last names that can be first names

FOOD
High Tea is often a great choice
Mini club sandwiches, Savouries and slices

Freeform Savoury and sweet tarts
Quiche and salads

Decorations
Lanterns with a blue + Green colour theme strung up across a wall
Blue & Green Crepe paper table cloth
Garland or your daughters baby photos
March 08, 2018 09:30AM
We played a 'naughty' game at my grand-daughter's baby shower. It was a version of pin the tail on the donkey but the 'donkey' was an ovum and the 'tail' was a sperm with real wiggly tail. Nearest to the nucleus was winner.

We also wrote the mum's and dad's names across the top of the page and guests had to make as many words of 3 or more letters out of the names.
March 08, 2018 11:04AM
The other naughty game doing the rounds is @#$%& face or birth face.
March 08, 2018 10:23PM
It could be innocence or ignorance on my part, Griz but what is that naughty game?
March 08, 2018 11:50PM
I'm in the dark about that one too, Griz. The mind boggles!
March 09, 2018 01:47AM
Some don't like links but I have checked this one out. There could be some ideas here.

[pregnantchicken.com]
March 09, 2018 01:38PM
Every person is given a card with faces on it, the faces are either from a p*o*r*n movie or photos of women giving birth, the aim is to guess which is which.
March 10, 2018 02:43AM
Griz, your game sounds hilarioussmiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2018 02:43AM by Danube.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.