Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Deconstructed Cheesecake

Posted by helen 
Deconstructed Cheesecake
March 27, 2018 04:02AM
We had a delicious meal at Kika in Wanaka which was finished off with a deconstructed peach cheesecake with ice cream.
It was wonderful and I think I might make something similar this weekend.
Has anyone made this and have a recipe to share? The peach part is irrelevant but the deconstructed cheesecake that isn't gelatinous and is lovely and creamy would be great.
Thanks
Re: Deconstructed Cheesecake
March 27, 2018 03:12PM
I find it difficult to go past the traditional Philadelphia cheesecake recipe, freely available online. The trick is to really beat the cream cheese and sugar together so it gets really light and creamy. It does have gelatine in it, but it isn't rubbery, it sets softly and is very creamy. If you were to ripple through some peach puree instead of the passionfruit it would be divine!

I just googled to find a link and realised that there is also a classic Philly cheesecake which is baked, I've not tried that one, as I'm not a huge fan of baked cheesecakes. This is the one I mean...[www.philly.com.au]
March 27, 2018 10:05PM
Thanks so much Griz, I will try it out.
March 27, 2018 10:24PM
Hi Helen I ate Angela Hartnett's cheesecake in England, then googled the recipe back here. It is a winner every time and I am making it for Easter Friday lunch dessert, using last of the season strawberries and blueberries. Tips include sticking to amounts and using 20cm tin.
March 28, 2018 10:14AM
Oh thanks Annie, I will check that out.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.