Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Lovely Dessert Cake Base

Posted by helen 
Lovely Dessert Cake Base
April 02, 2018 11:17PM
I have made our Family Peach Cake base recipe twice over the weekend but with a couple of variations i.e. not using peaches.
The first was topped with blackberries and feijoas from the garden and served with yoghurt.
Yesterday I made it again and reduced the flour a bit and then added 1/2 cup coconut, 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest and then some frozen raspberries through the batter and covered the surface with frozen raspberries.
Both cakes were delicious. It is such a moist cake that it is perfect for dessert with any fruit that you feel like using.
J1
Re: Lovely Dessert Cake Base
April 04, 2018 09:59PM
This reminds me of a dessert recipe I read in the Dominion Post - Bruleed Blackberries with creme fraiche. It sounded quick and easy. It uses a round trifle sponge, blackberries arranged on top, a creme fraiche mixture on top of that, put under the grill for a couple of minutes. Here's the recipe [www.stuff.co.nz]
Re: Lovely Dessert Cake Base
April 17, 2018 04:05PM
Thanks for the inspiration, it sounds like the perfect dessert for my family especially as its getting slightly cooler in the evenings.

Ive got frozen berries, lots of apples and feijoas.

What was the feijoa one like? I dont really like them but you know how after some things are cooked they just taste better or more palatable?

Vanessa
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.