Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Vegan/Plant based cook books

Posted by Griz 
Vegan/Plant based cook books
April 27, 2018 11:00PM
We had a gorgeous lunch at James Cameron's Food Forest Organics store in Greytown last week. None of us being vegan eaters, but we all were raving when we left. I've never really experimented with this type of cooking before, but I'd really like to get to grips with more plant based eating...any recommendations for books that have excellent recipes, and really good information on techniques to enhance the foods?
Re: Vegan/Plant based cook books
April 28, 2018 01:51AM
Deborah Madison writes very good vegetarian (not vegan) recipes. I often refer to her "The Savory Way" for an American point of view.

The other vegetarian (and mostly vegan) cook book I refer to a lot is Madhur Jaffrey's Eastern Vegetarian Cooking, which covers a vast and encyclopaedic range of Indian, South East Asian, Chinese, Turkish, Japanese and Korean staples. It is a very good read as well.
April 28, 2018 03:13AM
I see that Madhur Jaffrey's book is available from Book Depository for AUD$21.11 - very reasonable.
April 28, 2018 04:25AM
I havent tried their recipes but bosch and vegan 100 look great books.
DK
April 29, 2018 12:10AM
I really like Veganomicon by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero.

I also like the two cookbooks by the Hemsley sisters, 'The Art of Eating Well' and 'Good + Simple'. They're not strictly vegetarian but have good vegetarian recipes in them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.