Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

what hand do you stir/hold a pan?

Posted by Vanessa45 
what hand do you stir/hold a pan?
May 05, 2018 06:31AM
I just bought a pan and the lip to pour is on the left hand side so to pour the contents I need to use my right hand. Thinking about it it seems logical BUT when Im cooking and stirring things - with my right hand, I tend to pour with my left. Im probably still holding the wooden spoon in my right too.

What hand do you stir/flip ect with and what hand wold you us to pour the contents out with?

Vanessa
Re: what hand do you stir/hold a pan?
May 05, 2018 07:15AM
I stir with my right hand while pouring with my left hand. There is no way I can pour with my right hand and stir with my left hand, because somehow my brain does a complete hissy-fit and my left hand acts stupidly and refuses to stir properly and my right hand starts doing stirring motions while its trying to pour. Can end up very messy. confused smiley

I can only flip food with my right hand too otherwise it goes against my brain-grain if I try to use my left hand. Funny how the brain acts.

Edited to add a two sided pan is excellent [www.farmers.co.nz]
Regards,
Dawn.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2018 07:17AM by Dawn.
May 05, 2018 08:09AM
If it's a big pan and I need two hands to pour, I pour to the left, small pan, to the right.
May 05, 2018 12:24PM
Genius a 2 sided pan!
I didnt even think there was such a thing.
Thanks
May 06, 2018 05:05AM
My Hampton & Mason set of 3 cast iron pans from Briscoes has lips on both sides. I love them! The pans, I mean, not the lips. Yes, well, them too, I suppose.
May 06, 2018 10:01AM
Im still trying to get my head around holding the pan in my right hand and moving the contents with a wooden sppon with my left - it feels so WRONG!
Its something Ive never thought about until now.
May 08, 2018 01:15AM
Stir and pour with either. Being a lefty righty has advantages. I am not ambidextrous but a close proximity.
May 08, 2018 09:05AM
right hand
May 09, 2018 12:30PM
Stephanie D, I'd give my right hand to be ambidextrous! drinking smiley
May 10, 2018 12:39AM
No Lorna, people often stare as I do things in a "weird" way. I am definitely left for some things and right for others but for some things I have my own way and there are some things that I am hopeless with no matter which hand I use, handwriting is a good example.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.