Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Fondant potatoes

Posted by Ali W 
Fondant potatoes
September 25, 2018 01:01AM
I hear about these from time to time and thought I would give them a go. Recipes I have looked at vary, some are stove top and some the oven.

Can anyone recommend a good recipe and method.

Thanks
Re: Fondant potatoes
September 25, 2018 02:00AM
Here is how I make them:

Peel 500g fresh waxy potatoes (e.g. Jersey Benne, Pink Fir Apple, Kipfler) and cut into evenly sized rounds or cubes of about 2cm.

In a wide pan (I use a medium-sized sauté pan) heat 100g of good quality butter over medium heat, add potatoes and brown lightly on all sides. Add salt and enough fresh chicken stock to half cover. Cook uncovered over moderate to low heat until potatoes are tender and browned and the stock has more or less evaporated. Serve hot.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2018 05:38AM by TPANDAV.
September 25, 2018 02:37AM
Hehe, just trying to imagine processing 2m cubes. I'm sure TPANDAV means cm, and equally sure her meaning is clear....just gave me a giggle.
September 25, 2018 05:38AM
Fixed. I will blame autocorrect, which seems particularly rampant lately.
September 25, 2018 03:07PM
I thought it was quite funny and was going to comment about my husbands good appetite - if only my pan was big enough! Good to have a laugh - at even the littlest things.
September 25, 2018 04:36PM
The mind boggles at the size of a potato that could produce 2m cubes! Thank you for giving me my morning laugh, TPANDAV.
October 16, 2018 08:02PM
Mmmmm these sound great, My kids would LOVE them.
Will they work with Agria? Its what I have and usually buy but concerned they will fall apart?

Vanessa
October 16, 2018 09:05PM
I think Agrias might fall apart, especially at this time of year when potatoes have been in storage for some time. There are no decent potatoes around now, not for another month or so.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.