Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Brisbane: Food recommendations

Posted by Griz 
Brisbane: Food recommendations
December 28, 2018 06:44AM
We're currently on a 3 week holiday in Brisbane, house sitting for family. When they get back we have decided to treat ourselves to a couple of nights in the city, staying at the Next Hotel, Queen St. So I'm looking for recommendations of places for food, good food, not as my BIL suggested pub grub, but really nice, different, interesting food, places that go beyond the "chicken parma" and "steak sammie" that seem so beloved of the Aussies. We'll have 2 dinners, 2 breakfasts and 2 lunches to try out your suggestions.
DK
Re: Brisbane: Food recommendations
January 01, 2019 07:06PM
I was there in July and one of the restaurants I really liked was Aquitaine, a French restaurant right on the riverfront. I walked through the Botanical Gardens (a nice park but nothing special) to the Goodwill Bridge, then walked over bridge to get there. Have a look at the website or take a walk along the river (allow lots of time because it's an amazing area) and have a look at it and see what you think. If you are having dessert, but don't have too much of a sweet tooth, order the petits fours. The dish is amazing value with a lot of different little things on it.

I used the free hop-on hop-off City Hopper ferry to cruise the river (I stayed on for one whole circuit) and it was a great way to get an overview of the river, as well as a nice mode of transport.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2019 07:12PM by DK.
Re: Brisbane: Food recommendations
January 03, 2019 04:53AM
My brother, visiting from Brisbane, recommends Mother Africa for something really authentic and quite different from the usual fare. Here's the website: motherafrica.com.au/ It's worth reading the TripAdviser reviews.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.