Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Best cafe Dunedin and Chch + foodie things to do

Posted by HeatherH 
Best cafe Dunedin and Chch + foodie things to do
January 03, 2019 03:38AM
I will be in Dunedin and Christchurch for 1 day only at each
Recommended cafes please - not for meals, looking for cabinet home made delicious food - small savoury items full with filling and delicious home baking
Will be off a cruise ship so can;t go far

Also foodie things to see and do in both cities
Haven't been to Dunedin for 50 years and Chch about 20 years
Thanks in advance for any recommendations
Re: Best cafe Dunedin and Chch + foodie things to do
January 03, 2019 02:31PM
I think Marbecks in Dunedin is pretty good, my daughter works for the Antidote chain which somewhat weirdly combines pharmacy and food and owns Marbecks as well. I'm in Dunedin 6th/7th/8th and possibly 9th of Jan, as daughter is having surgery on the 7th.
January 14, 2019 12:49AM
Thank you Griz for your reply and I will try your Dunedin cafe for lunch

Does anyone have a Christchurch cafe recommendation and also Foodie things to see / do either city
January 18, 2019 03:14AM
The Dunedin Farmers Market is super - Saturday morning!!
January 19, 2019 12:54AM
That is a shame for the Dunedin market, ship will be Dunedin Sunday and Christchurch Monday
December 21, 2022 02:25PM
Thanks for the information.
December 21, 2022 02:35PM
I just came across your post when I was looking for desserts, too late! But just in case, I like St David Café, at first glance it's the most ordinary café, but it has my favorite coffee. I was visiting my friend's house in Germany this summer, and the coffee from St. David tastes like one from a local German restaurant to me. Btw, this café is always full of students, which isn`t surprising, and I like this atmosphere better than the local bars. As far as pastries go, The Standard Kitchen is at the top of my list. I`m not spoiled when it comes to food, the most important thing for me is that it be fresh and with lots of sugar! I don't think you'll regret it if you stop by.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2022 03:19PM by suironaldo.
December 24, 2022 12:28PM
The Riverside market in Christchurch is well worth a visit. Good coffee there too. There are some nice cafes in Lyttelton if you don’t want to venture in to Christchurch.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.