Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

My apologies

Posted by Lorna 
My apologies
April 30, 2019 10:57PM
Twice recently I have tried to delete a single post containing spam that was among posts in an existing legitimate topic, and the whole topic has been deleted. I am not sure why this is happening as there are separate buttons for deleting a single post or a whole topic. I am sure I've been selecting the single post button. The button for deleting the whole topic is in a separate 'bar'.

I will take a screen shot of the next genuine topic that has a spam post in among the legitimate posts BEFORE I hit the delete post button and if the whole post is deleted, then I'll send the screen shot to Helen to see if the problem can be sorted.

The topic I tried to delete a post from this morning was the one about Luisa Plums, so I hope I am forgiven if I am doing something wrong to cause this.
Re: My apologies
May 01, 2019 12:06AM
I am very grateful for what you are doing to keep Helen’s site enjoyable for us all. Unfortunately sometimes things go wrong.
May 01, 2019 11:08PM
Thank you, Chris. Your support and encouragement is appreciated.
May 02, 2019 04:29AM
Chris Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am very grateful for what you are doing to keep
> Helen’s site enjoyable for us all. Unfortunately
> sometimes things go wrong.

May 02, 2019 05:32AM
Lorna your support is amazing.
I( do need to get you onto being able to block spammers permanently.
As soon as I get home next week (from Mexico) I will sort it.
May 02, 2019 07:42AM
Oh wow @helen you are in Mexico, I am SO jealous!!! I would *love* to go there. It's my favourite food.
May 02, 2019 07:43AM
Would the best option to block spammers be that they can't post until an administrator approves their account? I have a number of customers who use this method. Would depend on the capability of the forum provider, but most offer this.
May 02, 2019 11:00PM
I have discovered why those two posts I deleted seemingly deleted the whole topic. It was because the spammer had dragged up a topic from 2 years ago, so as soon as I deleted their spam, the whole topic went back to it's chronological place, two years earlier.
So no more guilty feelings for me. I will just check the date of the original topic and expect it to disappear if the last posting to it was some time ago.

Oh, the relief!
May 02, 2019 11:42PM
You do a great job Lorna! thumbs up
Regards,
Dawn.
May 13, 2019 06:18AM
Yes Lorna, it is a never ending chore. Thank you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.