Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Slice tin?

Posted by jen 
jen
Slice tin?
September 14, 2006 03:51AM
Whilst out shopping today tried 2 places for a slice tin(20x30cm?) and could not find one, tried W/house and PNSlave. Where else could I try?
Thanx heaps,
jen
Re: Slice tin?
September 14, 2006 03:57AM
How about Briscoes or Farmers ?
September 14, 2006 04:30AM
I have an adjustable one which is 30 cm x 28 cm at its smallest and then 33cm x 52 at its largest.
It is Kaiser brand and is really great quality.
I will check out the price in case anyone is interested.
I cook with one - in fact the ginger crunch is in one now and the banana loaf is in the kaiser loaf pan.

Otherwise I would suggest you try Briscoes - they seem to have a good range.
September 14, 2006 12:20PM
I bought one a few years back at Mitre 10
September 14, 2006 12:58PM
I've also found a lot of recipes call for a 20 x 30 cm tin and have looked everywhere I can think of,(including the places mentioned) but cannot find that size! Strange, when it is mentioned in so many recipes. I can find larger and smaller, but not that size. This of course changes the depth of the slice and cooking times.
I'd also love to know where to find one.
joy
September 14, 2006 10:48PM
hi,I went to the second hand shops to look for a slice tin and found three good ones for a very cheap price.I liked the old sponge roll type slice tins and did not like the new ones on offer.So Margaret,you might like to look in your local second hand shop?
September 14, 2006 11:44PM
I recently found NZ made extending slice tins at Moore Wilsons. Very reasonable price, ( less than $10), and exactly like one I have had for years. Fine as long as you wash and carefully dry after each use.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2006 11:44PM by Kaye.
September 15, 2006 11:55AM
I haven't looked for a while, but my local New World used to have an interesting selection of expandable cake tins, including rectangular cake, loaf and sponge roll/slice tins. In addition they had fluted flan tins with removable bases, including small 10cm ones for a very reasonable price - I snapped up 6 of those.

Lynne2
September 15, 2006 08:09PM
A few years ago myself and some friends got together and had some slice tins made by a local sheetmetal firm. From memory we paid around $15 each, as there was quite a few of them and was worth the firm doing them.
I have 2 and they are stainless steel, slightly bigger than the usual tin, and deeper. Worth the initial expense. they don't warp with the heat and always scrub up beautifully.
Just a thought..................??????
Kind Regards,
Raewyn G
jen
October 01, 2006 05:37AM
Helen, please would you advise the price of the Kaiser slice tin mentioned above? I still haven't been able to find one...avoiding the shops over the school hols.
Thanks
jen
jen
Helen/slice tine plse
October 02, 2006 04:00AM
Helen, please could you give a price on this.
Thanks
jen

"have an adjustable one which is 30 cm x 28 cm at its smallest and then 33cm x 52 at its largest.
It is Kaiser brand and is really great quality.
I will check out the price in case anyone is interested."
Re: Helen/slice tine plse
October 02, 2006 09:56AM
I think I heard on the radio that Helen is away, I guess with school holidays etc
Re: Helen/slice tine plse
October 02, 2006 10:42AM
Following up on my earlier post about New World having a good selection of extendable baking tins, I checked them out (in New Plymouth) last week and they had a well stocked shelf of them, including slice tins. Can't remember the price, but it didn't make me gasp.

Lynne2
October 02, 2006 11:43AM
I am here - I was away for a few days last week.
I have communicated with Deb by email re the Kaiser slice pan.
I am looking at a new range of bakeware - Chicago Metallic. It is beautiful quality and doesn't seem overly expensive considering how well made it is.
Has anyone used it?
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.