Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Google

Posted by Dawn 
Re: Google
May 06, 2010 11:54PM
Yes, Dawn, I've just enlarged it - and see it is not a photo at all. X
May 09, 2010 09:25AM
Hope all the Mum's out there have seen the nice fresh 'Happy Mother's Day' Google's put up.

Happy Mother's Day to all the Foodlover's Mum's from me too!
Regards,
Dawn.
May 09, 2010 12:10PM
Isnt it lovely of Google to do that...

Happy Mothers Day to you all...
May 10, 2010 12:30AM
Missed it. But hey, I've just visited google.ca and they have goggle dressed in a lovely pink with red tulips for the last l & e. Was it the same for NZ google?
May 10, 2010 01:27AM
Yes it was Lorna. Nice and light and refreshing I thought (and aptly feminine of course).
Regards,
Dawn.
May 21, 2010 10:23PM
Today's google doodle - a playable version of pacman!!!

Debbie
[danceswithkumara.blogspot.com]
May 21, 2010 10:31PM
Golly gosh - he's 30 today! Happy birthday PacMan; wish I had time to play with you. Perhaps later.
May 21, 2010 11:33PM
Oh, how neat - I've just had a game - reminds me of the very first computer we bought eons ago!
Thanks for letting us know Debbie.
Regards,
Dawn.
June 05, 2010 12:41AM
This morning - Goooooooooooogle in Greeeeeeeeeen!

Celebrating 110 Birthday of Hungarian-born electrical engineer who won the Nobel Prize for Physics in 1971 for his invention of holography.

Regards,
Dawn.
June 11, 2010 12:18AM
Jacques Cousteau's 100th Birthday today on Google.
D.
June 11, 2010 07:54AM
...........and now, this afternoon it's changed to the World Cup!
D.
June 11, 2010 08:15AM
Poor old Jacques didn't get long to celebrate his birthday!!
June 15, 2010 01:08AM
I like Google's 'I Love Football' today!
D.
June 15, 2010 11:16PM
Do click on the Google football doodle. A 13 yr old from Winton designed it for a competition. The web page tells you all about it, and there's a short video clip explaining the competition.
June 15, 2010 11:18PM
Thanks for that Lorna - I had no idea. Good on the young person from Winton and very well done! I will go take a look at the web page.
Regards,
Dawn.

Edited to add - I've been and seen and Holly's caption "My doodle represents the love of soccer in the world." is also a winner!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2010 11:24PM by Dawn.
August 12, 2010 02:12AM
Is there anyone out there in Foodlover's land? If so take look at Google's celebration of the 71st anniversary of The Wizard of Oz. Wish I had such a creative mind!!
Regards,
Dawn.
August 12, 2010 04:12AM
Raises hand, yes Dawn, I've just got here! smiling smiley. Thanks for that it's wonderful.
Cheers,
Marnie
August 12, 2010 05:13AM
It's lovely, Dawn. Regarding Foodlovers, is it the Kerry Effect do you think?
August 12, 2010 11:21AM
Thank goodness for Marnie and Stephanie T, tis not so lonely after-all! Stephanie, that's a good point! It COULD be a Kerry Effect - like the Pied Piper –
Kerry's leading with her shiny magic flute and all the F/L's following............. and where they are going nobody knows, but there’s sure to be lots of laughter, sumptuous food and great tales of adventure!

In reality Stephanie - maybe it's the weather, the recession, everyone's on holiday, everyone's stopped eating........maybe everyone has learned how to cook? Maybe the world has stopped going around and I hadn't noticed?
Regards,
Dawn.

August 12, 2010 11:24AM
????? Duh?????? the only effect I have lately is to piddle everyone off. But of course if you mean I'm wonderful than I can run with that!!!! although, not very fast.
August 12, 2010 12:29PM
It has been quiet lately, seems to be a Winter thing. All the dreaded lurgies keep people subdued, including me.
C'mon Kerry you and others who have been here since Adam was a cowboy, have a wealth of knowledge to share.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2010 01:14PM by Marnie.
August 12, 2010 11:43PM
Loved your Kerry as the Pied Piper email, Dawn. And it got a response! Thank goodness she's out there still tootling away on her shiny flute.
August 13, 2010 12:35AM
A very bright and shiny Dawn post. Loved it. Come to think of it, I am searching for a new challenge that isn't going to break the bank and involve hours of commitment, so perhaps learning the flute would be an interesting place to begin? Fencing, archery and gaining my dive certificate, learning Mandarin or Maori were initially all competing for serious consideration. Thanks Dawn. I can play God Save the Queen on a mouth organ so how hard can a flute be????????????????? Don't all rush to answer.

Now I'm depressed by reviewing all the things I cannot do sad smiley and that small list isn't even scraping the bottom of the barrel.
August 13, 2010 08:15AM
Kerry - Oh to be 21 again eh? Actually even to be 40 again and I'd be happy!

Well - as long as you've still got plenty of wind and all your digits (and they're not numb and go white with the cold as mine do these days) you'll be as happy as a robber's dog managing the flute. Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star - that's an easy start for a new challenge that won't break the bank or the sound barrier!
Regards,
Dawn.

August 14, 2010 01:59AM
Well Kerry and Dawn this week I awarded myself the gold medal of geekiness. I have taught myself new skills and now I have a blog for the children I teach English to, I have uploaded recordings of them reading and making speeches in English. They are so excited and so am I. Now what am I going to learn about next week?
August 14, 2010 06:56AM
Wow Stephanie that's great, you must be feeling very virtuous in your accomplishments and what a great thing to set up for your ESOL pupils. I can imagine your (and their) excitement.

Now tell us, what challenge ARE you going to set yourself next week?
Regards,
Dawn.

September 27, 2010 05:04AM
Its googles birthday...
September 28, 2010 07:20AM
......I haven't been able to get to the computer very often lately.......life can get hectic sometimes..............! But guess what Zeetra - I did actually see the Birthday Cake although I have no idea how old Google is!!
Regards,
Dawn.
September 29, 2010 12:37AM
Dawn, don't forget to hover your mouse over the Google 'cartoons' to see a description of what it is all about. Sometimes they are a clickable link which will take you to more information.
September 29, 2010 12:26PM
Sawn, i think Google is a young 12 years old.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.