Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Google

Posted by Dawn 
Re: Google
September 29, 2010 09:29PM
Thanks Lorna - I do know that trick! I didn't stop to hover mousey as I was Gooooooogling in a BIG hurrrrrry!!

I'm surprised Zeetra, I thought Google may have been older than that - it just goes to show I've forgotten how young domestic computerisation is (and probably forgotten how old I am). (Love me new name hehe!)
Regards,
Dawn
September 29, 2010 10:19PM
Today it is the 50th Anniversary of the Flintstones. I didn't realise how long ago it was that I first watched them!
October 08, 2010 03:37AM
Today it is the 70th birthday of John Lennon. Gosh, all these things make me feel old!

Margaret
October 08, 2010 04:32AM
Gee, thankyou Margaret - I'd have missed it otherwise and I'm really glad to have seen it today!

I agree - 'OLD' - join the Club ha!

Actually I think this is one of Google's very best - I even felt a 'pang' in my heart as I listened and watched the google video............really nice one Google!
Regards,
Dawn.
October 08, 2010 08:19PM
I couldn't get into Foodlovers yesterday so I went to google.ca (Canada) to have a look at the John Lennon one. I agree, it's one of the best, with the animation and then being taken to lots of google items about him.
October 08, 2010 10:11PM
Lorna it's still up on Google today, they're giving him a nice long birthday!
Regards,
Dawn.
October 09, 2010 09:24AM
WOW, that made my day... how cool...
October 20, 2010 10:04PM
Google is celebrating a jazz player's birthday - "Dizzy" Gillespie was an American jazz trumpet player. Brings back fond memories of the fabulous jazz music we soaked up in Beale Street Memphis and Bourbon Street New Orleans....just fantastic!
Regards,
Dawn.
October 30, 2010 02:08PM
This one for Halloween is one of the best ive seen.
October 30, 2010 08:14PM
They are getting very complex now, using more than one logo while telling a story. Very clever, very colourful!
October 30, 2010 10:34PM
It's neat! They certainly are getting exciting! I will look forward to Google's Christmas and New Year creativity.
Regards,
Dawn.
November 02, 2010 12:29AM
Check out Google Australia today!!!
November 02, 2010 12:33AM
Aha....the Melbourne Cup! Good one!
Regards,
Dawn.
November 07, 2010 08:26PM
Another goodie today!!!
November 07, 2010 10:23PM
Thanks for that Judith, otherwise I would have missed! For the few moments I studied it, I decided I didn't quite know what know what it represented, but once I knew 'they' did look more like bones!
Regards,
Dawn.
November 08, 2010 10:05PM
I was wondering about the key, duck and three other unidentified object in the two o's, so clicked on the logo then went to this page:
[www.dailyrumors.net]

There is some strange use of language, written I suspect, by a person whose mother-tongue is not English. I could understand most of it, but this sentence has me puzzled:

"For this reason, the logo shows us what lies behind the last letters of the word Google. Indeed, if the bones behind the letters G, L and E, found behind the letter O key .... and a duck! See for yourself:...........:"

Any suggestions as to what the writer means?
November 09, 2010 09:32AM
Maybe that represents some of the weirdest things seen under xray??
November 09, 2010 08:42PM
Lorna, I am blaming you for a lack of sleep, pondering on the answer.
November 09, 2010 10:20PM
Well I've cheated as it's been bugging me and I really can't afford to lose the sleep at the moment!!! (See what you've done to me Lorna???!) I also wondered what the three white balls were too. Marbles!!

So......here's one from the net which I think would explain it:

"X-rays are used by hospitals, dentist and even veterinarians, in order to study things like broken bones or damage to tooth structure, which are not observed any other way.
Google transformed its iconic worldwide known logo into an animation of an x-ray film, which shows Google’s “bones” and other cute details such as a rubber duck, a key and marbles.
X-rays’ discovery has been a revelation and a life saver since 1895 and Google has decided to share its appreciation and consideration for the major breakthrough represented by Rontgen’s discovery. I would advise that you look up “x-rays” and get more familiar with the phenomenon, as Google is obviously trying to get people’s attention on their massive importance."

Maryloo, you're pretty well right in your line of thinking - it points out the diversity of X-rays. No doubt there has been many a time a marble has been swallowed by a toddler/child!

Hope I haven't spoiled this for those of you still pondering!
Regards,
Dawn.
November 09, 2010 10:27PM
Cheers for that Dawn. My husband suggested much the same thing. Should I tell him he was right? What a dilemma.
November 09, 2010 11:06PM
.....Marnie.... only tell him he's right if he hasn't exceeded being right thrice in twelve months......

After all, we can't let our men get too big headed can we?
D.
November 10, 2010 12:28AM
LOL Dawn smiling smiley
November 12, 2010 01:10PM
Have a look at todays Google... always a good one.
November 12, 2010 09:09PM
Just seen it Zeetra - quite natty indeed!
Regards,
Dawn.
December 15, 2010 08:18PM
Check it out - 235th Birthday of Jane Austen!
Regards,
Dawn.
December 23, 2010 10:52PM
Google's Christmas is out.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

Best Wishes,
Dawn.

February 07, 2011 09:27PM
Beautiful one for Jules Verne today
February 07, 2011 09:39PM
Have you tried clicking and dragging the 'pointer' on the compass to the end of each of the compass points? It moves the scene outside the portholes in the same direction!
February 07, 2011 09:45PM
Ah ha, now that may explain why the movie 'Journey to the Centre of the Earth' was on tv the other night. Or sheer coincidence.
February 08, 2011 12:32AM
Good one!
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.