Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Google

Posted by Dawn 
Re: Google
February 09, 2011 12:07AM
Read about this in the NZHerald today. www.googleartproject.com I'm off to have an explore!
February 09, 2011 10:49AM
When I tried a few days ago it seemed to be broken - too many people trying to get in I expect.
February 10, 2011 10:17PM
Thomas Edison's 164th Birthday today.
D.
March 07, 2011 10:19PM
Celebrating International Women's Day today.
D.
March 08, 2011 07:54PM
Just in case you missed it (and because you can see ones we didn't get because they're from another part of the world) you can see all the logo's here, in date order. [www.google.com] Makes some interesting browsing.
March 08, 2011 08:43PM
Great browsing Lorna, thankyou!
Regards,
Dawn.
March 08, 2011 10:11PM
Fantastic, Lorna. Thanks for posting that.
Marnie
March 18, 2011 06:28AM
Did you all see the red and black striped glowing candle on Google today?
March 24, 2011 07:04AM
Mr Houdini's birthday has rolled around again I see!

Bev, yes I did see the red and black striped candle. A candle of rememberance and hope.
Regards,
Dawn.
March 30, 2011 10:27PM
Robert Bunsen's 200th Birthday today.
D.
April 02, 2011 10:50PM
The icecream sundae gets a look in today
April 02, 2011 11:43PM
Thanks, Irene. I haven't had an icecream sundae for years. Oh the memories of sharing sundaes with friends.
April 03, 2011 09:07PM
2 memories come alive here. Firstly, when I was a child it was a real treat when my dad took me to Verreccio's in Bristol, the Italian ice cream shop, to have a knickerbocker glory. It was almost bigger than me, I swear it! Secondly, I remember taking my kids to the Wimpey Bar(long gone) in Hamilton and I asked my then 4 year old if he would like an ice cream sundae. 'No', her replied vehemently,'I want one TODAY!'
April 11, 2011 10:19PM
a new one up today.
April 15, 2011 06:49AM
Awwww..... you've really got to look at today's Google - Charlie Chaplin's 122nd birthday - it is very very good - turn your sound on!
Regards,
Dawn.
April 15, 2011 07:24AM
Thanks for that Dawn..I save the Google ones to a folder, I hope I don't get into trouble with that!!
April 15, 2011 01:43PM
Marnie, I have often wondered if they duplicate things. After all, each year the same birthday/milestone is noted. So if you have kept a folder of each, I would love to know if they duplicate the same header or not. If you don't mind?
April 16, 2011 04:20AM
Hello, Irene. I have not seen a header repeated. Those days that are an annual event, e.g. Anzac Day, do come up again, but the header is different each time.
April 17, 2011 09:16AM
Oooh, tut-tut Marine - new copyright laws recently? I haven't even studied them, but I'm sure you'll be OK. I'll protect you ha!

Interesting point Irene, but thinking about it I guess Google keep a check on what their 'artists' (for the want of a better description) are putting up every year for each birthday to make doubly sure they don't make a repetition. They really do well don't they.
Regards,
Dawn.
April 21, 2011 09:24PM
I see it's Earth Day today.
D.
April 24, 2011 04:42AM
Nothing on Google for Easter I thought we lived in a Christian country, so whats the story???????
April 24, 2011 09:03AM
Have a read of this Lyn V

[www.seroundtable.com]
April 24, 2011 09:58AM
Here is an interesting article printed online that was in the Waikato Times yesterday [www.stuff.co.nz]

There was actually more in the printed detail. One paragraph stated that to a lot of this age demographic, to them religion is a Muslim wearing a Burkah. That is the extent of the knowledge of their religious views.

I guess Google are fence sitting on this one with regards an Easter banner.
April 24, 2011 11:53AM
Great isn't it when they don't know the difference between religion & Christian?
April 24, 2011 11:27PM
What I want to know, is where is the Google Easter Bunny game that we used to play? You know, the one where Easter eggs with letters on them would float down and you had to catch the ones in the right order that spelt Google. It's disappeared. I've found plenty of references to it but no clickable game. Even the Google logo website has no reference to it. It's all been obliterated!
April 24, 2011 11:37PM
Gone into cyberspace like so many things these days.
Good reading on the 2 links posted here, I had my say probably to deaf ears.
April 25, 2011 12:35AM
Irene, Sadly, I think what you posted could apply to many other things in life as well as Easter or any other points of religion. I had a smile when I read about "Lady Gaga", I suppose you could say "whatever it takes". That is probably why I am an advocate of the use of mnemonics for my students.
There are many who have curious minds and want to learn and know more; they are richer for it. There are also many who don't fall into that category.
I think I'd better stop right there. smiling smiley
May 01, 2011 08:14AM
Just discovered the 150th Anniversary of the First World's Fair - it's fab - run the magnifying glass over the picture - see how many moving objects you can find! Love it!
Regards,
Dawn.
May 01, 2011 10:09AM
Me too. Could be one of my favs. Love the fountain.
May 01, 2011 10:15PM
It's a fun one. How many things did you spot through the magnifying glass that weren't there, or were very different without the magnification? I saw two red things in the tree; the lady in the red box wearing a green dress spins around; the fountain is playing; the clock changes to one which shows its insides; the train whistle pumps out music notes and 'breath'. Did I miss anything? I kept returning to the carriage and horses expecting them to 'do' something but nothing happens there.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.