Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Google

Posted by Dawn 
Re: Google
December 18, 2011 12:28PM
Zeetra - look closely at your screen - snow falls down it!
December 18, 2011 12:28PM
Zeetra - look closely at your screen - snow falls down it!
December 18, 2011 09:00PM
I have been trying since last night and nothing happens.Same with my brother in UK I wonder if our safety settings are too high?
December 18, 2011 09:16PM
They must be - if you type in 'let it snow' and you don't even have to hit enter - snow actually falls on your screen until you have a practical white out - and you then have a defrost button to clear your screen and it starts snowing again smiling smiley

It could be Internet Explorer stopping it - if you are using firefox or google chrome - it works fine
December 19, 2011 03:33AM
Works for me and I use IE. Very cute!
December 19, 2011 07:25AM
I finally got it via Google Chrome. Who says we aren't all kids at heart? smiling smiley
December 19, 2011 09:57AM
Me too went to Google Chrome and it worked. Not as pretty as those ones where fireworks or flowers appear when you click on the screen but a bit of fun.
December 23, 2011 11:18PM
Oh......you've got to look at Google today!
Regards,
Dawn.
December 24, 2011 03:24AM
That's strange, Google's caption has gone back to what it was like yesterday and it's lost the buttons which played a Christmas jingle along with animation. Very short-lived! Now it's just google lettering jazzed up for Christmas with no animation.
D.
December 24, 2011 03:30AM
Dawn, until now I had no animation - even yesterday. And now it's animated? Merry Xmas to all smiling smiley
December 24, 2011 04:30AM
Irene, it's back again now on my computer!!!

It has the words "GOOGLE" each letter a different colour and a corresponding coloured button underneath each letter. Click each button and the Google letters change into a Christmas symbol (which is probably what you can see on your comp.) and then a 7th button appears and the jingle bells tune starts playing while the christmas shapes animate to the music etc.

Merry Christmas!
Regards,
Dawn.
December 24, 2011 08:26AM
The Google via firefox is different to the one via Internet Explorer.
January 11, 2012 01:47AM
Pop on over and check out Nicolas Steno's 374th birthday
January 11, 2012 02:55AM
I popped on over, Irene, thanks for that. What an interesting person.
January 17, 2012 02:18AM
You can view all the doodles ever done here - [www.google.com]

You can also get to that same page by clicking on the “I’m Feeling Lucky” button with a blank search.
February 02, 2012 03:32AM
It basically reminds or awares us that we're celebrating this kind of occassion. Even if its a major event or simply just a birthday of a well known scientist.

We offer Chocolate Delivery directly to your door
February 06, 2012 08:11PM
Charles Dicken's 200th birthday is celebrated today.
Regards,
Dawn.
February 08, 2012 07:46PM
This year's NZ Winner "Doodle for Google" competition - My Wish for New Zealand - well done Liam Platt:

"Things Special to NZ

My wish for NZ is a clean unpolluted environment and the protection of our native creatures. Kia ora tonu te ao Maori.

Liam Platt
Ponsonby Primary"

Regards,
Dawn.
February 09, 2012 06:01AM
I think his doodle is truly wonderful. I wasn't aware there was a competition and was admiring it before I realised what it was. Well done Liam Platt.
February 13, 2012 11:40PM
Valentines Day is next up on Google - lovely song! Especially after watching the movie 'The Artist'
February 21, 2012 07:49PM
Unusual Goooooooogle today - silly me thought it was knitting yarn and I was awaiting a cat to chase it - until I realised that wasn't going to happen!!!! (Could have been a CATastrophe!)
Regards,
Dawn.
February 21, 2012 07:58PM
I see what you mean Dawn. And it's unusual in that it doesn't actually spell or look like the 'word'Google. Thanks for letting us know!!
February 28, 2012 07:59PM
Today google is celebrating leap-year and an Italian opera composer's birthday.

Anyone going to do a leap year proposal this year?
Regards,
Dawn.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2012 11:10PM by Dawn.
March 07, 2012 10:05PM
happy International womens day!!!!
March 07, 2012 10:09PM
that's a good one! Thanks Judith
March 07, 2012 11:38PM
Good one!
D.
March 13, 2012 08:41PM
The birthday of a grandmaster of origami is celebrated today.

I love origami and would love to have the time to learn the art. I remember as a child making a four pointed paper assembly which fitted over two fingers on each hand ( think) and we'd put little messages inside each section and then ask someone point to a section and once opened they read the message(good, bad or funny)! (Not a good description, but others must remember making these too.)I guess it was a type of origami.
Regards,
Dawn.
March 13, 2012 08:47PM
Thanks Dawn. I remember those! I must make one for my granddaughter - thanks for reminding me!!
March 13, 2012 09:56PM
Hijacking for a moment. I am an origami addict, I use it in my classroom to help teach reading. Children and adults need to be able to read diagrams as well as words. My class love it, they learn excellent social skills helping each other and it gives them something to do that is not electronic!
March 13, 2012 10:10PM
and here's an interesting one for Google.... type the word tilt into the search engine and see what your screen does. This works on smartphones as well smiling smiley
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.