Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Phantom Of The Opera Wedding Cake

Posted by Lisa Templeton 
Phantom Of The Opera Wedding Cake
January 10, 2010 11:51PM
I had a lady request a Phantom of the Opera Cake. Her only instructions were to include Red black Silver and white and incorporate / make a copy of the Mask.
3 Tier chocolate mudcake with dark chocolate buttercream, white/cream pettinice, edible icing in centre of ribbon with track 3 from Phantom of the opera printed on it. Icing roses and mask, with satin black ribbon trim and silver cachous.

[farm5.static.flickr.com]

[www.flickr.com]

[www.flickr.com]

had lots of fun!

Warm fuzzies
Lisa
Re: Phantom Of The Opera Wedding Cake
January 11, 2010 12:15AM
Wow It might be worth considering marriage just to get a theme cake or maybe I better make it a birthday cake instead.
You are doing well with your theme cakes but was it really 2009 or should it be 2010.

Jean
January 11, 2010 12:37AM
Hi jean, thank you! Re year Yes this was last week so definately 2010 :-)
Kindest regards
Lisa
January 11, 2010 01:53AM
Lisa, it is fantastic!

I wish you had been around to make MY wedding cake. Mind you, come to think of it, you probably weren't even born then :-)

Margaret
January 11, 2010 02:26AM
lol Margaret. i would have loved to do it had I been around :-)
We are doing a Valentines competition to win a decorated cake on facebook. <www.facebook.com/denheath>
Warm fuzzies
Lisa
January 11, 2010 02:55AM
It is just stunning Lisa, is the music on the ribbon from P O T O or just ribbon you bought as is? Whatever you certainly are very imaginative person & very talented.
January 11, 2010 03:35AM
Absolutely amazing Lisa, a real labour of love! Thought of you when I was in Taupo last week - saw your custard squares at Replete and a couple at the next table sharing one!! Looked delicious!!
January 11, 2010 03:59AM
Hi Lynn,
Thank you!
What I did was found an A4 sheet of music for Phantom Of the Opera (track 3) and took a copy of it. Then I have a printer which only has edible ink (food colouring). So I printed the music onto A4 Sheets of Edible icing, then I cut the music line out in strips, glued them with sugar glue to the centre around each tier. Then I measured black satin ribbon for above and below each strip and used sugar glue onto the cake. I have seen Phanton cakes made with a few notes hand piped onto the cake and I thought it would be much more meaningful for the couple to have the actual sheet music from the show :-) (rather than just random notes)
Thanks Anne!
So pleased i have my password reset for foodlovers I have really missed being here!!!
Warm fuzzies
Lisa
January 11, 2010 05:21AM
That's a very special cake Lisa. I would have it varnished and mummified inside and not let anybody go near it with a knife. If you inject it with some of Irene's lavender tincture that might stop the inside going off - just like they did in Egyptian times.
January 11, 2010 05:24AM
I have a whole jar of the bloody stuff if you want it Lisa smiling smiley Still havent' found out what it's for grrrrrr
January 11, 2010 10:01AM
You have amazing talent and produce amazing products Lisa...how could anyone bring themselves to cut into that cake???

Gail E
January 12, 2010 12:30AM
What an amazing cake,but saying that, your products are always fantastic no matter what it is.
January 12, 2010 05:38AM
Gail I have decided I must have some talent: I managed to burn one hand and cut my thumb right through the nail in a space of 10 minutes this morning> just not sure that type of talent will take me very far lol.
Kindest regards
lisa
January 12, 2010 07:26AM
Oh Lisa, I hope your injuries arn't going to put you out of action for too long! My stomach turned over when I read what you'd done....think I'd stick to wielding the icing gun if I were you!

Take care
Gail E
January 16, 2010 06:01AM
Hi LisaAmazing cake, well done.
I really like the idea about the music printed onto the icing.
Have fun
Ruth
January 22, 2010 04:44AM
Thanks for all your kind comments!
Gail thankfully I had 5 days away with Donald and the kids so my thumb has healed up nicely before coming back to work!!! I feel very refreshed and am looking forward to this week.
I had Pirate cupcakes to make yesterday. A rush job for a 5 year olds birthday party! And a Wedding anniversary Custard Cake with edible image of the happy couple in 1960 on there wedding day.
Today I have had the pleasure of trying to work out how to make lotus flowers . Have made 5 and think I have finally got it! lol
Warm Fuzzies
Lisa
September 04, 2011 10:38PM
This is an absolutely fantastic cake! I just had to say, I want a similar cake when i get married smiling smiley
September 07, 2011 07:40AM
Thanks so much! So pleased you like it Tanya!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2011 07:40AM by Lisa Templeton.
Oh Lisa, You excell yourself yet again. This is just lovely and I do hope the recipient was thrilled to bits.You haven't heard from me for a long time but do you remeber my Cafe Pronto in Levin?
I know the current owners do get your Delicious Custard Squares but I don't go in there at all now.
Love to you and Donals Susannah xx
September 09, 2011 05:01AM
Susannah ((((hugs)))) So lovely to see you here!!! I often wonder how you are!!! Thanks for your lovely comments on the cake. I haven't been decorating since about 12 weeks pregnant. I have lost my cake making mojo :-( Maybe its because he is a boy as I hate shopping at the moment. lol I do hope you are keeping well!!!
Love and Warm Fuzzies Lisa
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.