Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Best flannelette sheets

Posted by Griz 
Best flannelette sheets
May 02, 2017 05:34AM
Hi, advice needed please.
I need to stock up on some flannelette sheets as one of my pairs has split the bottom sheet this week, and the only other set I have looks to be wearing very thin too. I only bought these sets two winters ago, so I'm not very happy that they have really only done one and a half seasons. They weren't the most expensive but neither were they cheapies. The really annoying thing is that the top sheets are fine, so I'd love to just be able to buy the fitted bottoms... Any suggestions for good quality flannelette sheets in a super king size?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2017 05:40AM by Griz.
J1
Re: Best flannelette sheets
May 02, 2017 10:14AM
You CAN buy just the fitted bottoms. I found this out by being given a "set" of flannelette sheets by a storeperson who'd retrieved them for me from their storeroom, only to get home and discover the "set" was for two fitted sheets. I decided to keep it anyway, for the same reason you're wanting some.....
May 16, 2017 07:39AM
Hi Griz, the Sheridan wincy sheets are fabulous! Really fluffy and cuddly too. They do molt the first few times but for the sake of how lovely and warm they are, it is a small price to pay. Buy them when Farmers have their manchester sales as they are usually half price.

Just reread your post and only after a bottom sheet....you might find that hard to find them separated out of sheet sets.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2017 07:40AM by Clare.
May 17, 2017 11:52AM
Griz, you might find what you're looking for on the Queen B website.

Regards,

Barbara Anne

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2017 11:53AM by Barbara Anne.
May 18, 2017 12:00PM
Ive just bought some Marle Grey Kmart cotton flannelette sheets. They were advertised in a design mag as a good buy $44 for king - fitted/loose and 2 pillow cases.
I havent washed them yet, expect they will soften up. They look great on my bed.

[www.kmart.co.nz]
May 28, 2017 02:26AM
Griz
I have always used Sheridan flannelette sheets (my grandmother's instructions! ) until a couple of years ago when I purchased a set of micro flannel sheets from Ezibuy. They are so quick & easy to dry in the winter, now hubby won't let me use anything else!
May 28, 2017 12:04PM
I just bought some Sheridan flannelette sheets from Framers (on a 50% off sale) Good price and good quality
May 29, 2017 11:19PM
Sheridan also have an outlet store in Onehunga Auckland which apparently has good prices.

I am interested that so many of you seem to have flannelette sheets. We did as children but it hasn't occurred to me to have winter sheets on our bed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.