Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Spam

Posted by Lorna 
Spam
October 16, 2017 09:29PM
Today's rash of spam posts is particularly reprehensible and probably even illegal advertising in New Zealand. Would be great if it could be removed as soon as possible. I'll report each one individually, though I'm sure Admin will be on to it also.

EDIT: I opened the spam on this page to report it and cannot find the Report as Spam button. I am loath to open all the others to see if there is a report button in any of the forums.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2017 09:33PM by Lorna.
Re: Spam
November 01, 2017 11:18AM
High Lorna,
Greg from Montana here. How are you?
November 01, 2017 11:24AM
Lorna I am presently using an iPad and Safari and the "report" button is in place. And I have used it !

Try using a different browser.
November 01, 2017 12:31PM
Make this forum Spam free guys

[www.sanjiwanihealthcentre.com]
November 01, 2017 09:40PM
Hi Greg

I'm very well, thank you. Still loving life here in Whitianga. How about you? Have you travelled anywhere interesting recently? Is the vegetable farm flourishing?
November 01, 2017 09:43PM
TPANDAV, I'm using Chrome and the 'report' button is back. I don't know why it disappeared but all is well now. I'll keep reporting spam. Does anyone else report, or am I the only one who finds those posts annoying?
November 01, 2017 10:10PM
I do Lorna, but not as often as I used to.
Regards,
Dawn.
November 01, 2017 11:41PM
I report it but am possibly like some others who think someone else would have already done so.
November 02, 2017 01:20AM
It is so dreary and difficult to keep on top of as the spammers change their email addresses so quickly.

On a different note a friend of mine had her whole Physio clinic bookings hacked the other day - someone from Eastern Europe. They offered her the chance to pay $16k to have her system restored.... apparently people do pay it out of desperation.
Terrible.
November 02, 2017 02:26AM
helen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It is so dreary and difficult to keep on top of as
> the spammers change their email addresses so
> quickly.
>
> On a different note a friend of mine had her whole
> Physio clinic bookings hacked the other day -
> someone from Eastern Europe. They offered her the
> chance to pay $16k to have her system restored....
> apparently people do pay it out of desperation.
> Terrible.

That is terrible. Did they report to police and the DIA. What about insurance. Also the spammers would do it so its easy to restore, so an expert here would be able to do it as well.
November 02, 2017 03:22AM
Plates Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Also the spammers
> would do it so its easy to restore, so an expert
> here would be able to do it as well.

That is most certainly not always the case. Access to the site, and therefore the ability to restore it, can become encrypted. Sure your host can restore the whole thing from a backup, but depending on how old the backup is, data can be lost.
November 02, 2017 03:58AM
Unfortunately, ransomware attacks are soaring.

[www.stuff.co.nz]
November 02, 2017 05:28AM
The spam annoys me a lot too and I pretty much report it every time. I can feel a rant bubbling up so I'll stop writing lol.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.