Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Breaking Christmas traditions

Posted by IngridO 
Breaking Christmas traditions
November 27, 2017 10:22AM
We put up the Christmas tree up 2 weeks ago...Mid November!! I then preceded to post it on facebook with the title "Never too early"
Well, according to some comments, we committed a Xmas crime. I never realised how passionate people were about Christmas traditions.

Do you follow Christmas Tradition? Would you ever put the Xmas tree up earlier than Dec 1? What Christmas traditions are important to you?
Re: Breaking Christmas traditions
November 28, 2017 08:09PM
Great idea putting the tree up early. I have done it in the past and ensured a good long time to enjoy it.
November 28, 2017 11:25PM
When my boys were little, they loved the Christmas tree so very much that I always put it up on the weekend nearest November 20. We all got so much enjoyment out of it, so why not? smiling smiley Now that they are 11 and 14, they don't care quite so much, but it has become a habit.
November 29, 2017 01:02AM
Christmas decorations (no tree nowadays, just a very large vase with dried nicely sized twigs from trees and hung with decorations) get put up on Christmas Eve. On Christmas Eve all chores stop after lunch and we relax and look forward to Christmas. We always have something special to eat and drink in the evening. That's the way I was brought up and somehow it stuck. After nearly 50 years in NZ I am still not truly used to Christmas in summer.
November 29, 2017 01:04AM
I think each to his own. Otherwise we are all robotic copies. If you like it, do it!
DK
November 29, 2017 08:57PM
I agree with Irene Field. Yes, there are Christmas traditions that have been created by society, but there are also personal traditions we create ourselves, that become special to us alone.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.