Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Artificial plants

Posted by IngridO 
Artificial plants
January 18, 2018 08:38AM
I'm stick and tired of my indoor plants looking manky and dying on me - I'm willing to admit defeat on this one. I don't look after my indoor plants so I'm going down the artificial route.

Does anyone have any contacts for affordable options?
I can't believe how expensive the good looking artificial plants are

Someone suggested aliexpress?
Re: Artificial plants
January 18, 2018 09:08PM
I have used both AliExpress and Wish.com - but not for artificial plants. AliExpress has free shipping and you pay for products and Wish has free products but you pay for shipping - max shipping I have paid via Wish is $10 for a pair of free shoes. But usually the shipping is around $5. So I use both sites now
January 19, 2018 01:47AM
More plastic which will be wasted when the plants in pots look becomes unfashionable again.
January 19, 2018 04:21AM
I totally agree Griz and they never look the same as real ones. I would rather have none at all.

Ingrid, perhaps you could think about having one feature plant in a really nice urn or pot (depending on space availability) in a strategic place in your living area. It will make a better statement than a number of smaller ones and won't take as much effort to look after. Edited to add, I'm thinking something with dramatic leaf form eg fruit salad plant, palm, rather than a flowering plant.

Regards,

Barbara Anne

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2018 04:26AM by Barbara Anne.
January 19, 2018 05:00AM
IngridO Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
.... I don't look after my indoor
> plants so I'm going down the artificial route.
>

Why not learn a little about houseplants, select a few that are suited to your conditions (the availability of light in particular) and try looking after them carefully. There are many houseplants that take little maintenance provided they are in a suitable environment. Palms, philodendrons and phalenopsis orchids are all pretty low maintenance as long as you take their requirements into consideration. And you could take advice at a garden centre about how to choose a strong plant.
January 23, 2018 09:50AM
Try this website, they have a shop in the Mount too.
I did wonder how they actually survived but now realise most of their business is online.

[fluxboutique.co.nz]

Check out their sale pages too
There stuff is nice by the way, much better than Kmart/Warehouse ect

Vanessa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2018 09:59AM by Vanessa45.
January 23, 2018 12:16PM
Where I want the plants is above my kitchen units, so they are quite high to get to. You need to stand on a high chair and hold on for dear life.

I use them to break up the white in my kitchen. The kitchen gets a lot of sun, with skylights as well so they dry out really quickly. They also need to trail downwards as opposed to growing up.

I actually figured I would be saving the planet more by buying a couple of artificial plants and having them for a long time as opposed to buying real plants in plastic pots and replacing them all the time.

I'm up for suggestions though
January 24, 2018 02:01AM
Instead of putting a plant above your kitchen cupboard, you could put a couple of nice decorative plates or vases on display (Farmers often have lovely pieces pretty cheap at sale price). You may have a piece of good quality china inherited from a parent or grandparent (as I do) and every day I love to see them on display and they never need watering! Maybe dusting though.
Regards,
Dawn.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.