Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Hello from a stranger spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by Zeetra 
Hello from a stranger spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
June 26, 2019 09:11AM
Hello all,

How are you all?
I have missed this place, so many amazing people and the recipes are pretty fantastic too..

One of the reasons why I’ve been a tad absent is because I’ve been recovering from Breast cancer, it was nasty and aggressive, so I had the whole kitchen sink thrown at me to get well and with that I have. On July 18th, I’ll be 2 years cancer free.
But I also didn’t come on here as I felt I was contributing as much as others.

I promise to be on here a lot more..

Please tell me how you all have been doing

Love
Zee
Re: Hello from a stranger spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
June 26, 2019 09:49AM
Hi Zeetra, welcome back. When I checked out a recipe today I saw your name in the comments and that brought back memories. I am so very sorry that you have been having such a difficult time but I t looks like you are on the mend and I hope that the future will bring you good health and happiness. All the best and do keep in touch with us.
June 26, 2019 12:58PM
Welcome back, Zeetra. Perhaps that should be WELL come back, well done! I've had health issues too. It is a cliche but true (which is why cliches are cliches) that what you survive makes you stronger. Keep well and celebrate your recovery.
June 26, 2019 10:20PM
Hi Zeetra and welcome back. I applaud your strength to come through adversity and still be your cheerful, happy self. It's good to see you back and I look forward to comments, opinions and, of course, recipes.
June 26, 2019 10:32PM
Zeetra it is so lovely to have your company here again.
Please don’t feel that you have nothing to contribute as it takes a whole mix of people to make a community.
June 26, 2019 10:55PM
How nice to see your post Zeetra. You sound as chirpy as always. Enjoy every day.
June 26, 2019 11:32PM
Zeetra, so sorry you've had such a horrible time with your health. You are a fighter and a survivor, well done, and my very best wishes go out to you, it's lovely to see you back, bright and chirpy.
Regards,
Dawn.
June 26, 2019 11:53PM
Welcome back, Zeetra. Hope your health continues to improve, with no more "nasties" thrown at you. Hugs.
June 27, 2019 12:52AM
Welcome back Zeetra. Great news you got through that hurdle healthwise. Cheers
June 27, 2019 01:43AM
Welcome back Zeetra. We have missed you.
Continue to be well and I am sure it would be your lovely and cheerful nature that has helped you to overcome your health issues.
June 27, 2019 06:31AM
Thank you everyone for you kind words.

I can’t wait to get back into it.

Zee
June 27, 2019 11:41AM
hi Zeetra,
I havent seen your name in here at FL for such a long time, so welcome back from me too - I'm a very sporadic poster but lurk, check in & read lots.
Im pleased to hear that your health is getting better - I shall look forward to seeing more of your comments & stories too smiling bouncing smiley smiling bouncing smiley
J1
June 28, 2019 06:13AM
Welcome back Zeetra! Lovely to hear from you plus all of the above.
June 29, 2019 06:19AM
Welcome back, we are often given trying times but we push through & love & support is essential. You can read by all the messages the love & caring from us all so like a Helen said, just read what people have put up & comment or add when possible. You may find something tasty to make.
June 29, 2019 06:47AM
Zeetra having you back with us prompted me to send a message to Lisa and I am so pleased I did.
Hopefully we will see her here sometime this weekend and I know she could do with some foodlovers warmth.
It is definitely a week of reminiscing and reconnecting. smiling smiley
June 29, 2019 07:48AM
In that case Helen, do you know anything about Raewyn G and The Udder Raewyn? They are oldies but goodies from way back.
June 29, 2019 11:33AM
I’ll look up there email addresses and get in touch with them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2019 11:33AM by helen.
June 29, 2019 11:49PM
And don't forget Lynley, she was a prolific contributor a few years ago.
June 30, 2019 02:00AM
Sunday Hot Pants used to contribute a lot at times. I think she might have a blog so will probably concentrating on that.
J1
June 30, 2019 08:34AM
I used to enjoy the posts from Karl and Fiona of summerfieldfoods in Christchurch too, but they closed up shop after the second earthquake due to extensive damage, and they'll have moved on to new ventures but they had some lovely posts and recipes.

Many gone from Foodlovers but not forgotten...
June 30, 2019 10:32PM
We don’t see Lynette too often either. We had a wonderful time with them in Thailand some years ago and all through connecting here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2019 11:51PM by helen.
June 30, 2019 11:10PM
I have been trawling through our email data base. IRaewyn G's email bounced back and I don't have her last name to find her anywhere else.
Do you?
It is a trip down memory lane and I have sent a few emails so hopefully we might get some more people popping in to say hello.
July 01, 2019 11:17PM
Helen, Raewyn G was a friend and (I think) workmate of Raewyn McCarthy. They were known as the 2 Raewyns. Maybe Raewyn M will know whereabouts Raewyn G can be found.
July 02, 2019 01:52AM
Hello Zeetra, so so sorry to hear you have been so unwell! But so pleased to hear you are on the mend. You have been through a terrible battle by the sounds of it. Sickness can be a totally life changing thing. I'm also so pleased to see some of the original founding members here. Foodlovers is Such a lovely supportive beautiful group of people I miss as life has been stupid crazy busy. I feel really honored when I get to meet someone from the forum. Happy cooking baking and gardening everyone. Lots of hugs Zeetra and all the Foodlovers groups and the hugest warm fuzzies Lisa xox
July 02, 2019 01:57AM
Helen ive written to Raewyn on Facebook. xox
July 02, 2019 07:00AM
Hello everyone.
Wow, Ive been missed? Incredible!
A lot has happened in my life too in the past few years.
My partner of 21 years passed away nearly 3 years ago. "He who wanted to be obeyed" was sick for about 18 months prior to his death. Life gets very messy with ill health, death, grief and dare I say blended families.
However, I have popped up on the other side.
Still working at Hospice, yes, 28+ years service.
Had a couple of operations separately on my wrists in the past few years. This years one is taking a long time to return to where I would like it to be. However I charge on.
So thank you for the kind words
I will try and look in often
Kindest Regards to everyone
Raewyn G
July 02, 2019 10:54AM
Hello Raewyn,
how lovely to hear back from you also, but seeing your post shows youve had some sad & challenging times over the years - hugs.
And well done to still be involved with the hospice - from memory you work in (or used to) in the kitchen dont you?
Its a long time ago too, but for a time FL was having sort of regional get togethers & I met you at a Manawatu/Palmerston North meeting near the International College.
Do take care, keep smiling & shall look forward to reading more of your news too,
mantilla (Lyn)
July 02, 2019 01:37PM
Thank you so much Raewyn for checking in with us. I always loved your postings. Life has thrown a lot at you, but I am sure your wonderful spirit shone through.

I look forward to seeing you pop up from time to time as you can.
July 02, 2019 10:35PM
Greetings to Lisa and Raewyn. How lovely to see names from the past here.
Fuzzy Warms to you all
July 02, 2019 11:44PM
Hey beautiful Dear Irene, And our dear Raewyn , of course you have been missed! I know we have all three kept in touch but wow 28 years at the hospice Raewyn! That's awesome! You Rock! Donald and i have reached 20 years of Denheath this year xox Hope everyone is having a lovely day Warm fuzzies Lisa
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.