Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Foodlovers font colour

Posted by helen 
Foodlovers font colour
May 24, 2016 06:36AM
While I know that my eyes are not what they used to be, how do you feel in general about our font colour on features and recipes and would you ideally like it darker?
I am just mulling it over as it seems to be that I am leaning into my screen to read.
Re: Foodlovers font colour
May 24, 2016 06:57AM
I find the teal blue easy to read, but the grey text (Times New Roman?) makes me squint and I usually increase the size on my screen so I can read it.
May 24, 2016 11:44PM
Yes - I have just tested this and I 'lean in to read' as well, Helen, and I am much older than you. As TPANDAV comments, the teal blue is fine but the grey not so much. I am myopic - need glasses for distance but not for reading.
May 25, 2016 01:28AM
It may be my eyesight but I am the same as Stephanie regarding glasses for driving and distance but remove them for close work. I like the teal, to me, the grey looks 'washed out'.
May 25, 2016 01:59AM
Perhaps along with a darker colour, a sans serif font might make things a little clearer.
June 07, 2016 02:11AM
How do you like the change in font colour and style?
June 07, 2016 10:15PM
I think they're very 'readable', Helen. Easy on the eye.

Perhaps we could have the same sans serif font for the forums, too? I note that as I'm typing, the font is sans serif, but once I hit the 'post message' button, it changes to a serif font!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2016 10:24PM by Lorna.
June 08, 2016 12:56AM
I think the colour change is an improvement, Helen, but I still have to lean in. Just my seventy+ eyesight I expect.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.