Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Lost Spring Spa - Whitianga

Posted by IngridO 
Lost Spring Spa - Whitianga
May 07, 2017 11:54AM
I just wanted to put a shout out to the Lost Spring Spa - Whitianga

I just spent a weekend away where we had a girls pampering day at The Lost Spring Spa and it was such a nice relaxing afternoon complete with a lagoon style setting, mineral spa, tropical forest, Cocktails in the lagoon, treatments and lunch afterwards.

It cost $145 for the pool, treatment, platter and cocktail and it was such a great way to spend some time with your girlfriends or perfect for a romantic getaway.

Highly recommend!
Re: Lost Spring Spa - Whitianga
May 07, 2017 10:26PM
I am so lucky to live in Whitianga and have that facility on my doorstep. As a local, I can pay about $70 for a monthly ticket and it allows me a 90 minute swim every day. The month starts on 1st and ends on last day of each month. There are other discounts, especially if you are staying in local accommodation such as B&B or motels. They often give a discount voucher. It would pay to check out the website for lots of information and beautiful pictures.

[www.thelostspring.co.nz]

You should also be aware that children under 14 are not permitted at the pools and those over 14 must be supervised. It's an adult haven of peace and tranquility but definitely not a childrens playground.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2017 10:28PM by Lorna.
May 07, 2017 11:34PM
Have been a couple of times now, and definitely recommend it. The first time we had the platter, but last time we took advantage of a special which was a massage and swim, and then purchased lunch at the restaurant - and the food is lovely. You can go in just to dine - but it seems a tad ridiculous to be in such a location and to not take advantage of the pool (love the cave) and a massage or manicure/pedicure pampering. I think a big plus is that no children are allowed, which makes it even more serene - well apart from the odd bridal party smiling smiley
May 08, 2017 03:40AM
Im REALLY keen to go - where should I stay for a Friday/Saturday night?
What the Oceans resort like? The prices were reasonable - $150 per night.
(2 adults)
Vanessa
May 08, 2017 05:17AM
I think Oceans is the resort that backs on to the complex isn't it? If so, a good idea to stay there as there is a coded security gate linking the two. If you have an all day pass to the Springs, you can then come and go back to your room as you wish. Or if you wish to imbibe in a cocktail or two, or three or a few wines - absolutely no driving involved smiling smiley
May 08, 2017 07:38AM
We had a lovely dinner there a couple of months ago when we were in the region. Unfortunately, the timetable wasn't our own so we couldn't spend any longer there, although we were able to walk into the grounds and there was a real sense of peacefulness and serenity there. I think they made the right decision regarding being for adults.
May 08, 2017 10:38PM
Could you imagine kids being there! bombing and splashing all the kissing canoodling couples - would definately not be the same
May 08, 2017 10:46PM
There are two separate businesses operating from the same location, entrance-wise. As you drive in there is the Oceanside Motel and then further on down the drive is Beachside Resort. Both are handy to the Lost Spring and town, too. Both walking distance. Beachside Resort is an apartment complex with 2 or 3 story apartments of two bedrooms plus all normal apartment facilities, including garage. There's a swimming pool, heated, I think and a Tennis court.

There's a short-cut through to Buffalo Beach plus access to The Lost Spring, as Irene says. Don't forget to ask for a discount voucher for the Lost Spring. The motel and resort are both the nearest accommodation to the Lost Spring.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2017 11:00PM by Lorna.
May 09, 2017 03:28AM
Thanks for the VERY helpful information guys - Ha Ha Im really hoping for the kid free experience with out the bombing of my own kids!
May 10, 2017 01:20AM
Definitely NO BOMBING by anyone, nor any running around, yelling, or ball throwing. You are allowed to do gentle in-water exercises and normal swimming. Lying and relaxing in the warm water is definitely top of the menu. There are several different areas where the water temperature varies as does the depth, so find a spot that suits you, lay back and
R-E-L-A-X.
May 10, 2017 03:30AM
Lorna - any idea what the discount is, if you stay at the resort?

"Don't forget to ask for a discount voucher for the Lost Spring. The motel and resort are both the nearest accommodation to the Lost Spring"
May 10, 2017 04:14AM
Sorry, Vanessa, but being a local I never need to use the motels, etc. Check the Lost Spring website, I have a feeling it mentions it there, somewhere. I'd do it for you, but I'm just on my way out.
May 12, 2017 02:33PM
This sounds fantastic - I'll put it on my wishlist.
May 18, 2017 12:13PM
No worries Lorna, I was just curious - Ill check it out BUT planning this in the next couple of months - yah cant wait.
Vanessa
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.