Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Frontloaders

Posted by IngridO 
Frontloaders
June 23, 2017 03:33AM
My partner just brought a front loader washing machine/ dryer as a space saver for our laundry. The wash is great after many years with a hand me down washer that never seemed to throughly clean the clothes. However the dryer....takes about 5 hrs to dry clothes? The shortest cycle is about 2.5 hrs???

I knew they took longer but surely they can't be that inefficient??

Anyone else use a front loader wash/dryer?
Re: Frontloaders
June 23, 2017 04:12AM
Hate to say it, but the washer/dyrer combo units are known to be dreadful at drying.
June 23, 2017 04:32AM
I have an LG and this is due to space constraints. I find it much quicker to set the dryer separately rather than set it to come on automatically after a wash load. And I find the dry cycle is much quicker if I put a dry towel in with the load, which absorbs excess moisture.

My power cycles are peak' shoulder and off peak, which is from 22:00. And I always use the dryer after 10pm so not sure how long an exact cycle takes
June 23, 2017 05:02AM
I have an aunt with one of these combo machines & she too has noted the length of time for the dryer to dry her clothes - in fact she now uses a drying rack in her conservatory. Not much help sorry.
I have always thought too that I would have an absolute load of wet washing waiting to be dried as some days I might do 2 or 3 loads of laundry - so the machine would be going constantly smiling smiley
June 23, 2017 03:23PM
I have an ordinary front loader and it is very efficient at washing the clothes. I don't have a dryer. However, if I did ever decide to have a drier, it would be just a normal one because they can be fixed upside down on the wall above the washing machine, thus saving space.
DK
July 11, 2017 04:18AM
My friends have a combo washer/dryer and they never use the dryer option because it takes so long.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.