Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Vietnam & Cambodia

Posted by noeleendickson 
Vietnam & Cambodia
July 17, 2017 08:53AM
We are off to above countries in Oct, 5 days in Ho Chi Minh, then a river cruise to Sein Reap and staying for 5 days then flying to Hanoi for 5 days and Hoi An for another 5 days.

Im looking at hotels to stay in and getting quite confused looking at Trip Advisor. Has anyone stayed in these locations and what hotels do you recommend. Looking at around $90-$100 a night. (not too expensive)

Thanks
Re: Vietnam & Cambodia
July 18, 2017 12:41AM
Hi Noeleen, what a lovely trip to look forward to.

I would highly recommend Little Hoi An Central Hotel in Hoi An.
I just had a quick peep on Trip Advisor and it is priced at around $100 NZ a night including breakfast.
The breakfast at this hotel was the best I ate in Vietnam. Such an amazing selection and it was difficult to know when to stop.
The pool is lovely and there are half price cocktails at 5 ish.
I wouldn't recommend the spa. I had a massage and it was a complete waste of time, the person didn't seem to be trained at all and just rubbed randomly over my body.

Saigon (as in Ho Chi Minh, locals still call it Saigon) is going to be harder as city hotels are expensive.
I would start off by looking in District 1 as that is a good place to be and see what you can find.
I wouldn't recommend our hotel as it was a bit grotty and awful breakfast.

In Hanoi we stayed at the Ann which was perfectly acceptable but nothing to rave about. It was clean and an easy walking distance from the lake etc... although not right on the lake.
September 30, 2017 05:09AM
We have just decided to have a holiday in Vietnam, our first time there. I will follow up Helen's suggestion for Little Hoi An Central, it sounds great.

Does anyone have any suggestions for accommodation in Hue, Dalat, Phnom Penh, Siem Riep and Saigon? We are hoping to stay in apartments rather than hotels, and definitely not homestays.

I know I will have to launch myself into the vortex which is Tripadvisor but am just hoping for some starting points.

Noeleen I am looking forward to your reports on your return next month.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2017 05:11AM by TPANDAV.
October 04, 2017 11:27AM
We stayed here in Siem Reap and it was absolutely fine. A great beauty place next door that was insanely cheap and it was very quiet with good breakfasts.
Chateau d"Angkor

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2017 11:30AM by helen.
October 11, 2017 08:29AM
Not sure of pricing but we stayed in the oriental suites in Han Oi and were very impressed. Their service was amazing, so friendly and helpful. Rooms were great.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.