Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Best dressing gown for snuggly comfort?

Posted by Vanessa45 
Best dressing gown for snuggly comfort?
August 10, 2017 11:53AM
Whats the cosiest and snuggly dressing gown around? My trusty blue polar fleece type fabric one has seen better days and Im looking for an upgrade. I LOVE lounging in it in the evening and early morning (behind closed doors). The only criteria is that the sleeves arent too BIG and the tie fits at my waist, not half way down my hips - LOL Im not very tall and of course washes up well.
Not fussed on colour but prefer plain as opposed to patterns.

Vanessa

LOL post pics wearing yours :-) grinning smiley
Re: Best dressing gown for snuggly comfort?
August 10, 2017 12:09PM
I'm not going to post a pic, but I'm currently wearing my husband's Star Wars dressing gown, complete with hood. It's a synthetic one, but unlike you I'm quite tall, and I like it because it actually comes down to ankle length (as opposed to most which finish somewhere just under my knees!) and the hood is handy when it's really cold and it's not itchy at all. It does however have very wide sleeves, which is a pain in the kitchen, so I have to fold it up all the time. Was a birthday gift from a friend who thought it would be funny, and didn't expect it to be worn, but I've adopted it now.
August 11, 2017 03:34AM
Ha Ha Im laughing visualising you!!!!

My blue one wasnt pretty at all - especially when you have an image of me on my back, on the couch, wine in hand and laptop on my lap bingeing on Coro!!!

The pics of people in dressing gowns are so set up - no one looks elegant in them. ;-)

Vanessa
August 11, 2017 03:43AM
I hate to think what my poor courier driver thinks. I can be naughty and start working and then get carried away and it can easily be 12ish and I am in my dressing gown (terrible confession I know), and the picture gets worse with hair not done etc etc.
And today was one of those days where the courier needed me to sign for a packet, and I opened the door looking like something dragged backwards in her dressing gown!!
I always say to myself I will change my habits, but if the office phone goes early or there is urgent work to be done - I get myself in that office and then lose track of time
J1
August 11, 2017 05:57AM
There was a man (probably in his 30s) in Pak'nSave yesterday wearing a pink dressing gown with large white polka dots, plus gumboots. He had that sort of attitude whereby it just made me smile - I wonder whether it was a dare/prank he was cheerfully carrying out.

If one wishes to look elegant in a dressing gown, one must first ask oneself before purchasing such attire "Would Amal Clooney wear this?"

winking smiley
August 11, 2017 06:15AM
I don't think Amal Clooney would wear any of my dressing gowns with maybe the exception of my pink silk robe that rolls into almost nothing for packing.
I have a big blue one with penguins on it, that is a long one and the warmest one I own. A red fluffy one that comes down to my knees for those not so cold mornings, it's also great for after a shower. There is also one made from thick polar fleece, that's always the one I loan to guests who arrive with the bare essentials.
I've looked right through my photos and cannot find a single one of me in a dressing gown. smiling smiley
August 14, 2017 02:51AM
My current one is my favourite one ever - I got it from Marks and Spencer online (free delivery!!!) and it's fleece on both sides. Snuggliest thing in the world! My local couriers are very familiar with the sight of it.
August 14, 2017 03:43AM
CarolynC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My current one is my favourite one ever - I got it
> from Marks and Spencer online (free delivery!!!)
> and it's fleece on both sides. Snuggliest thing in
> the world! My local couriers are very familiar
> with the sight of it.

Carolyn, are you able to provide an online link at all please? I get annoyed when I have looked at dressing gowns and they look thick and plush, but when you feel them they are actually thin and all the thickness is on the outside. I would love a dressing gown with fleece on both sides, and have never seen one. Hope you don't mind - thanks, Irene
August 14, 2017 12:31PM
I have a snugly warm one I purchased in Silverdale Ak some years ago. It has worn really well I only put it on at night to watch TV . I prefer one with tight cuffs & buttons down the front which this has. This shop doesn't exist any more such a shame.
August 16, 2017 12:22AM
I have two dressing gowns, one I bought myself about 4 years ago, just before my birthday. The second was bought for me by my daughter for my birthday, and both of them are from the warehouse. They are both fleecy on the inside and outside and are snuggly warm. They do have their faults: they are both only knee length and the sleeves at the wrist are so wide that when I turn the kitchen tap on, I have to make sure the end of the tap isn't caught inside my sleeve otherwise I have a stream of freezing cold water running up my arm! If I was any good at sewing, I would undo the cuff and partway up the sleeve seam and make them narrower. Probably a 5 minute job for someone who sews, but I'd take about 6 hours and then get it wrong! Why do the manufacturers make the sleeves so wide, anyway? Don't they wear dressing gowns themselves and find the wide sleeves a damn nuisance???
August 17, 2017 02:04AM
Hi Irene, I'm really sorry but it was last year and they don't have the same one now. As it's summer in the UK, it or something similar might reappear when the UK winter arrives. The link is:

[www.marksandspencer.com]

When I got mine it was free delivery for items over $30 but I see that's now gone up to $200sad smiley.
August 17, 2017 08:05AM
Thanks Carolyn - actually that is a good point about their winter stock. And the other day when I did have a quick glimpse at their website the free shipping was $100!! I will keep an eye on them.

I was in Bed, Bath & Beyond today - and rubbing all the gowns - and towels to feel the thickness. Some of the quality makes me shudder.
August 18, 2017 02:08AM
I so love this he idea of a snugly bath robe but I will donate mine to the hospice shop. I am on the look out for a plush towelling one. My husband has one of those. 100 per cent cotton for me. The artificial fibres in the fluffy bathrooms make me perspire after my shower.
August 20, 2017 11:54AM
I bought my partner a nice one form Wallace Cotton - not a snuggly one but a grey (possibly towelling) one. Its great quality.

I ended up getting one from bed bath and beyond for myself - 50% off so cost about $35.00. Its OK, cosy fabric but knee length. I was used to my old one being longer. It also has pockets that makes it a little bit WIDE looking in the hips when I wear it.

Ill keep on the look out for the ultimate one though - stylish, cosy and affordable. One that Amal would approve of the finger smiley

Vanessa
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.