Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

No Red Markers

Posted by Lorna 
No Red Markers
August 16, 2017 05:36PM
I thought there had been no posts to the Non-foodie pages for a few days as there were no red markers showing. Today I decided to take a look and Hello!! Every post had a red mark beside it for the whole page but the only ones I hadn't read were those from 11th to today. Has anyone else experienced this?
Re: No Red Markers
August 16, 2017 05:41PM
Lorna, I think I figured out why this happens. If for instance you see a obvious spam one and don't open the thread and just mark as all read - for some reason a glitch occurs, and you don't get notified of new postings. So now I actually open the spam ones, and that stops it happening
August 17, 2017 04:21PM
Ah,thank you Irene. I've only seen one spam lately, which I opened and then reported. But there are occasions when a thread doesn't particularly interest me so I ignore it and click on 'Mark Forum Read' after having read those that do interest me. Maybe I should click on such a thread but then not bother reading it.
August 17, 2017 04:45PM
exactly Lorna...open the damned thing, but don't read it smiling smiley
August 17, 2017 04:47PM
I manage it a bit differently to you Lorna in that I don't use 'mark forum read' at all. When I've read all the messages in the topic threads I click back to the Forum List and then click the refresh button and that clears all the red flags. But I must add I do read all the messages in topics because I'm nosey and don't want to miss anything!eye rolling smiley Every time I open Foodlovers it opens at the Forum List and I see whether new messages have been added to any of the Forums.
Regards,
Dawn.
PS Someone will possibly tell me that I shouldn't use the refresh button and should use the Mark Forum Read Button in preference?smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2017 04:48PM by Dawn.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.