Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

How to Get Odour out of Leather Sports Gloves

Posted by helen 
How to Get Odour out of Leather Sports Gloves
August 25, 2017 01:19AM
My son's leather ski gloves have become very smelly.
This will be due to damp and sweaty hands.
I don't want to wash them in water so interested to find out how I can get the smell out of them.
I was thinking of trying Gran's Foot Remedy.
Any thoughts?
Re: How to Get Odour out of Leather Sports Gloves
August 25, 2017 10:48PM
Baking soda is another option. Sprinkle inside and leave overnight then shake them out in the morning. There could be a problem with small amounts of the soda sticking in the fingers. Leather gloves are not the easiest of things to turn inside out! Or you could try 'swizzling' a toothbrush or other small brush inside the fingers. Or put the glove over the end of the vacuum cleaner. Any other suggetions?
J1
August 25, 2017 11:19PM
Because washing them doesn't seem like a good idea, I've removed my suggestion relating to washing them smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2017 03:28AM by J1.
August 28, 2017 04:23AM
Ive just used this on my carpet - I think it was the vanilla one though.

NO Vac
Sanitiser and Deodoriser
For carpet and fabric

[shop.countdown.co.nz]

Its great, got rid of the smell of cats pee in a cupboard and I think a few squirts into gloves and leave them to dry would do the trick = its cheap $7.50 and would be useful around the home.

Countdown

Vanessa
August 28, 2017 08:13AM
Hi Helen. DON'T WASH THEM! I did that with Trent's and it ruined them. They became hard and he couldn't grip his poles.

With the replacements (of which there are a new pair just about every month as he keeps losing them!!) I have hung them on two broomsticks (poked the broomstick up the middle finger) and dried them in a warm room and when dry, doused the inside with baking soda (I don't know what the foot remedy is but it probably does the same job). Left them overnight and in the morning, shook out the excess. It did leave a little residue on his hands the first time but not enough to be a problem.

How I wish I had that problem - my hands are always cold no matter how hard I ski.
August 28, 2017 11:04AM
Thanks for all the advice and thankfully I didn't wash them.
I have doused them with Bicarbonate of soda which has hopefully deodorised them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.