Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Xmas Tree 2017

Posted by Vanessa45 
Xmas Tree 2017
October 28, 2017 10:46PM
How are you decorating your tree this year?

Do you change it every year or rock out the same each year?

Do you have colour themes?

My kids LOVE decorating the tree and although they like the idea of an entire NEW tree and decorations - my eldest wants a white tree with blue decorations, they do love putting up our traditional decorations we have used year after year.

Vanessa
Re: Xmas Tree 2017
October 29, 2017 03:26AM
We have some rather lovely Christmas tree decorations and lights so tend to go with the same each year. We have an artificial tree but I do like a real one for a change if I think of it in time.

My next door neighbour is American and is resident over the summer, arriving each December. He has a lovely tree and after Christmas he stores it away, still decorated, ready to pull out next year. Makes me laugh but I guess that's one way of going about it!

Regards,

Barbara Anne
October 29, 2017 05:41AM
We have a pre-lit artificial tree, and use the same decorations we've accumulated over the years. To us, a Christmas tree is something of tradition and remembering, rather than a decorative statement
November 04, 2017 05:13AM
Im thinking this year we will stick with the same tree and many of the same decorations but make it a bit different by adding BIG white and red artificial flowers. Ill try the $2 shop but might need to see whats online.

The presents will be toned down to one main present and then, some small treats like nice chocolate, a few funny things, itunes voucher/book and maybe some PJs.

For the adults Im planning on making something edible.

Vanessa
November 04, 2017 10:28AM
We have a pretend Xmas tree decorated in mainly silver tones & have had for maybe 8 years now - we used to do the real McCoy pine tree, but usually it was left to me to manage it indoors & secure it somehow to the mantel etc. Not sure about lights anymore as a few times in past Xmas seasons the lights, even newly purchased, have let us down smiling smiley
But a few years ago I bought a willow tree, about 5 feet high & nearly a metre in circumference at the bottom - it is lots of willow shoots woven around a metal cone. The 1st year it was just inside our front door decorated with just a few silver bells, but now its outside in the garden near the entrance & I will probably decorate with something from the $2 shop - it has a few cobwebs now, plus the willow has aged & is a little broken in places. But unusual & nice for a change
We are travelling away for Xmas thisyear though so might just stick with the willow one if at all. We (ie me) normally have bunting & other decorations in the lounge room also with lots of my Christmas ornaments (Santas & Angels - naive style things I have picked up over the years)
November 19, 2017 08:56PM
Our tree is going up on December 1st this year, that way we get 3 weeks of it before we head away for Christmas.

Decorations are eclectic, some homemade, some bought and no colour matching whatsoever.

I like the randomness of it. We always have a real tree but sometimes wonder at the sense of it.
I do like the fragrance though.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.