Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Teeth Whitening

Posted by IngridO 
Teeth Whitening
November 06, 2017 04:30AM
Has anyone tried any teeth whitening toothpaste or treatments which have worked for them?
Re: Teeth Whitening
November 06, 2017 08:15AM
Not tooth whitening per se, but for years I've used Pearl Drops toothpaste to get coffee stains off. I have my teeth cleaned by the hygienist every six months, and Pearl Drops does a better job than even she does at getting off coffee.
November 06, 2017 06:40PM
I use a well known brand of whitening toothpaste. My teeth aren't glistening/false looking white but are okay. My dentist is going to do do a whitening process but I keep delaying it for other more important things. The process is such that I can determine just how white I want my teeth to be and I don't want the whiter than white look. I look on it as a cosmetic procedure, such as using hair colour.
November 08, 2017 10:04PM
I bought a tooth whitening kit a few years ago when I must have been feeling frivolous, my dentist likes cosmetic work and would have encouraged me to purchase.
It is still in the cupboard and I guess I should use it before it expires, if it hasn't already!
November 09, 2017 12:00AM
Just to add to my post, I have 2 nieces who use the whitening kit and both look great. They've been careful to use it without going 'over the top'. I guess it's a matter of what suits you.
November 09, 2017 06:33AM
Hi Marnie - Do you know what the whitening procedure is? Is it laser ?
November 09, 2017 05:24PM
Hi Ingrid, I will check further, and report back. The pamphlet I have is for a laser type procedure but I am sure they said they had a whitening kit (from their dentist/s). I hadn't realised there were so many different systems.
November 12, 2017 06:17AM
Hi Ingrid, the whitening procedure my dentist quoted is this system:

[philipszoom.co.nz]

One of nieces told me that they had custom fitted mouth trays and the whitening product was then applied at home. Using the At-home dentist supervised system:

[www.corsondental.co.nz]

You would need to check with your own dentist for prices but cost is usually around $400-$500 in the Tauranga area.
November 12, 2017 05:01PM
Thanks Marnie - I will enquire about these at my next appt.

Its expensive getting older !! lol
November 17, 2017 08:39PM
Ive heard the do it your self kits take a bit of time and effort, I know I wouldnt keep it up. They also still cost quite a bit.

Check these natural methods out.

Charcoal
Oil
Natural toothpaste
Tumeric

[wellnessmama.com]

Vanessa
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.