Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Miele Washing Machine

Posted by Chris 
Miele Washing Machine
November 29, 2017 11:28AM
I will be replacing my washing machine and according to Consumer, Miele washing machines generally rate very highly. They are rather pricey and I won't be going for the most expensive model. Do any of you have a Miele washing machine and if so, do you have a 7kg or 8kg machine? I will need to be able to wash a king size duvet cover which is something my present washing machine can't handle. Have you encountered problems? I'd be interested to know your experience. I have a Miele vacuum cleaner that does a really good job and my Miele condenser drier is still going strong after 15 or more years. Unfortunately, my matching washing machine died a while back. It wasn't the fault of the product but it happened through negligence on our part. We replaced it with another brand and have regretted it ever since. I am now in a position to buy a Miele washing machine again and will be so glad to kiss the present one good bye, but I am just not familiar with the current Miele models and I don't necessarily trust the sales pitches of shop assistants. Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Re: Miele Washing Machine
November 29, 2017 07:21PM
I had to purchase a new washing machine last year, did research through Consumer NZ. I purchased a LG from Harvey Norman after the Consumer reports put it just slightly behind Miele, but a better price. I got the 7kg and it handles my queen linen no problem. One year later very happy with performance, and I actually took the time to read the manual - it offers lots of options. Have a Miele vacuum cleaner which is super efficient. Good luck Chris
November 29, 2017 09:29PM
Chris my LG is a 7.5kg not 7kg
November 29, 2017 11:22PM
No comment on the Miele side of things, but I have an 8.5kg front loader and that can cope with my super king sheets and duvet cover just fine - not a the same time though. I really think you would struggle in a 7kg for linen of that size.
November 30, 2017 05:54AM
Thanks for your thoughts Annie H and Jenna. Jenna, I don't expect to wash duvet cover and sheets together but the present machine can't cope even with just the duvet cover. Admittedly, it's an embossed Wallace Cotton one that is rather heavy when wet, but the machine won't spin duvet covers and waffle blankets. Anyway, it will be good riddance very soon.
November 30, 2017 07:53AM
How very frustrating.. Can I ask what type of machine you currently have? Glad you're able to be done with it soon!
November 30, 2017 09:43AM
I suggest you research reviews on the models. It is difficult with appliances as reviews are often made in the initial stages of ownership. I just got a Bosch replaced via the CGA.

Whatever you do, ask the retailer (tell them your recording the conversation or ask in writing), about warranties, CGA, expected useful life etc.

Get an 8 or even higher. More flexibility is better than limitations.
December 10, 2017 10:10AM
Chris

I couldn't recomend a Miele front loader strongly enough. We have enjoyed our for about 10 years now & it never misses a beat. Has everything from a woolrest under blanket, to hubbies overalls, 4 pairs at a time and then yesterday I threw in a new curtain, that I honestly thought would fall apart and it come out like new! I run an empty hot wash through once a month with a handful of washing soda to keep it clean & fresh. It uses so little water, power & powder, it's quiet and I wouldn't have anything else.

Good luck with your purchase. Merry Christmas.
December 11, 2017 08:39AM
Jenna Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How very frustrating.. Can I ask what type of
> machine you currently have? Glad you're able to be
> done with it soon!

Jenna, I've sent you a PM.
December 11, 2017 08:40AM
SallyH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Chris
>
> I couldn't recomend a Miele front loader strongly
> enough. We have enjoyed our for about 10 years
> now & it never misses a beat. Has everything from
> a woolrest under blanket, to hubbies overalls, 4
> pairs at a time and then yesterday I threw in a
> new curtain, that I honestly thought would fall
> apart and it come out like new! I run an empty
> hot wash through once a month with a handful of
> washing soda to keep it clean & fresh. It uses so
> little water, power & powder, it's quiet and I
> wouldn't have anything else.

Thanks you Sally H. The new Miele will be installed on Wednesday. Can't wait!
>
> Good luck with your purchase. Merry Christmas.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.