Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Best Flat Leather shoes - reasonably priced

Posted by Vanessa45 
Best Flat Leather shoes - reasonably priced
March 22, 2018 08:44AM
Im after some COMFORTABLE reasonably priced leather shoes - sandal style a bit more feminine than Birkenstocks to wear to work.

Im on my feel alot and really hard on my shoes. Ideally they would have a bit of height/wedge with out looking too chunky.

What brands or shops or websites do you recommend?

I bought some from ezibuy but they gave me welts on the top of my feet that took ages to heal! I think the leather was too hard.

Vanessa

PS - Number 1/Kmart/Warehouse are all a disaster for my feet - they NEVER feel good.

Vanessa
Re: Best Flat Leather shoes - reasonably priced
March 23, 2018 03:32AM
I swear by the Ziera brand - although a little more expensive, they are well made and comfortable, and come in various styles. They have an on-line shop (zierashoes.com) but are sold by many footwear retailers as well as in dedicated shops around the country

I spend a lot of time on my feet at work and I have just worn out a pair of Zieras which I must have had for about 4 years - fortunately the style is still available so I am about to buy exactly the same pair again. I have never begrudged spending a little more on shoes to get good quality and comfort.

Regards,

Barbara Anne
DK
March 25, 2018 10:02AM
I love Earth brand for quality and comfort. I bought a pair years ago at the Hannah's outlet shop at Dressmart in Auckland and I've also bought them from NZSale when they've come up for sale. I don't know where they can be bought on a regular basis.

Ziera is great. Not cheap, but the best quality and they last, and are magically comfortable. The outlet shop in Mangere, Auckland is superb, and the staff are great at finding the best fit.

The NZSale website is my go-to place for quality shoes. Luckily, my feet are a consistent European size 38 so if the sizing is given in European sizes, I know they will fit.
March 25, 2018 11:31AM
There is also an (Ziera) outlet shop in Maki Street Massey beside the Northwest Shopping mall. I find their shoes great for comfort for my punished feet!
Regards,
Dawn.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2018 12:06PM by Dawn.
March 25, 2018 12:26PM
I don't have an unlimited budget but I have never regretted buying quality shoes, although I look out for them at sales. I am lucky I have fairly small feet. I am still wearing pairs I bought years ago. Brands such as Reiker, we have a Step Inn shoes store here and I think there is one in Auckland.
I sometimes shop at Ziera and also at Hannahs where they stock Hush Puppy shoes and sandals, they seem to fit my feet well and they are a reasonable price.
During the week I was at a meeting where 3 people I know were wearing (and raving) over the Allbird Shoes.
They are a casual type of shoe and I just thought I would mention them. Either check out this link or Google it for yourself.
[thisnzlife.co.nz]
March 28, 2018 07:19AM
There's a Ziera factory shop at Dressmart too, although the Mangere one is the largest. Probably the best way to find sandals at this time too as the full retail shops probably have all winter shoes by now.
April 05, 2018 03:44AM
Thanks for the suggestions, Yes Ziera brand is lovely.
I have had them before, purchased on sale but saying that they usually dont have my VERY common size in the sale items.

I will check out the Dressmart shop though.

Im also looking forward to checking out Allbird and Earth Shoes.

Vanessa
DK
April 06, 2018 12:03AM
Vanessa45 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks for the suggestions, Yes Ziera brand is
> lovely.
> I have had them before, purchased on sale but
> saying that they usually dont have my VERY common
> size in the sale items.
>
> I will check out the Dressmart shop though.
>
> Im also looking forward to checking out Allbird
> and Earth Shoes.
>
> Vanessa

The Ziera outlet shop in Mangere is MUCH better than the Dressmart one. It has heaps of free parking, is really big, and the staff have amazing expertise when it comes to fitting. My mum is a size 4 and they had a selection of styles in her size, which really surprised me, especially for an outlet shop.
April 07, 2018 06:38AM
Thanks for the Mangere tip DK, it sounds better than the Dressmart crowds and parking.

Vanessa
April 09, 2018 09:43PM
Have just ordered the Allbirds loafers online, looking forward to wearing them this winter. Will report back.
October 31, 2023 02:36PM
I understand that you're on the lookout for comfortable and reasonably priced leather shoes, even though the thread is a few years old. While specific product recommendations might change over time, the principles for finding good leather shoes remain the same.
When seeking leather shoes that are comfortable for long hours at work, it's crucial to prioritize factors like material quality, fit, and brand reputation. Exploring various brands both online and in physical stores can help you discover new options that align with your requirements.
You might find the vonbaer.com blog post on leather patina interesting, as it discusses how leather develops character and charm over time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2023 02:37PM by Mohawkay.
November 14, 2023 10:48PM
Another very good brand to have a look at is Frankie 4. I have several of their styles now and find them really good. I have orthiotics which I had specially made but since wearing Frankie4 sneakers I don't need them. These shoes come with a fit pack which has full soles, half soles and a foot pad which you can change to suit your foot and the fit. They are super supportive and comfortable. I also have a couple of pairs of their sandals and these are great too. They are an Australian brand but they have a NZ website now. I sometimes buy from the Ausi website because they have more selection. Not cheap but free shipping and excellent quality.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.