Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Socks

Posted by Ali W 
Socks
June 24, 2018 05:15AM
I am struggling to find some ladies socks that are long enough to keep my ankles warm, that stay up without putting dents in my legs and dry easily. I bought some lovely bamboo socks that are snuggly, but they take forever to dry.

Just thrown out a pair of socks that kept ending up under my heel - I bought these from our largest department store that starts with F. The brand was B..d's which used to be a leader. If I could find the docket I would have returned them.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2018 05:18AM by Ali W.
Re: Socks
June 24, 2018 04:51PM
I just recently bought some diabetic (no restrictive band at the top) socks for my mother from Countdown of all places. I don't recall the brand, but there won't be many options there. She hasn't grumbled about them falling down, but she jay may not have mentioned it.
jj
June 24, 2018 06:10PM
K Mart used to do wide top socks, haven't been lately. Not particularly good at staying up but at least remained above the ankle.
June 25, 2018 04:53AM
I wear a lot of black socks in Winter. I wanted some 'under the knee' type and finished up buying schoolboy socks. smiling smiley
J1
June 25, 2018 05:06AM
I am so with you Marnie. How useless are the sock sections in the department stores!!!! And most other places too for that matter. So many juvenile, cutsie, colourific offeriings. And then the same problem when you go to buy some plain black socks for the men - anything but. There's a wall of patterns, greys. blues, too long, too short, words printed on them, too thick, and then you find one black pair of socks that's just what he would be wanting and they've only got size 11-13 left.............. Set to repeat year after year after year..... Who chooses these sock choices and why is their stocking of sizes so badly miscalculated year after year after year.......
June 25, 2018 09:00AM
I buy Jockey Gold Top men's socks as I can't find good women's ones. They're a cotton/bamboo blend and don't seem to have the slow drying problem bamboo normally has. I like a thin sock to wear with boots so they're perfect for me, although of course they wouldn't be much use if you have a dainty foot (I wear a size 9).
June 25, 2018 10:28PM
I have used columbine marino both ankle and above the knee lengths, and have not had an issue.

Wash in cold or luke warm water, otherwise they do shrink
June 26, 2018 01:06AM
Good suggestions, Thanks everyone.
June 26, 2018 02:05AM
I wear my ski socks with daywear boots. They are finer in the foot than thermal socks and never fall down. Merino ones are the best and are worth the little bit extra that they cost. And they last and last. I would love to get some new ones but they just won't die!
June 26, 2018 02:07AM
Lynette, can you tell me where I could buy ski socks? Katmandu?
June 29, 2018 06:19PM
Yes, Kathmandu have a good selection. Also any outdoor store that sells outdoor clothing such as Bivouac or Torpedo 7.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.