Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Foodlovers website error? Sidebar gone

Posted by J1 
J1
Foodlovers website error? Sidebar gone
December 06, 2018 02:13AM
Has anyone else got the problem of the sidebar missing on the foodlovers website? It disappeared yesterday. On certain pages it reappears but mostly it's missing. For instance, I don't have it at the moment, so am unable to scroll down to actually see this message box in the normal way. In order to be able to see this message box, I've zoomed out, which means my typing is so tiny I don't know if I'm making typos or not. The foodlovers website is the only one where this occurs for me. If Helen is reading this, are you able to check with your website techies to see if there's a problem? Keys such as Home and End don't work either.
Re: Foodlovers website error? Sidebar gone
December 06, 2018 02:30AM
I found I couldn't scroll through the posts on various topics. At first I thought it was my tablet but it was same on my pc. I wasn't able to post a message in here at the time because I couldn't get down far enough to click on "Post Message". I emailed Helen but she may be away.
December 06, 2018 04:45PM
I have a sidebar and it's working, but on my keyboard, the 'home' button doesn't work while the 'end' button does. I'll just go and try the 'last post' function on anther thread and come back and edit my post to say whether it's working or not.

Strange. The 'last post' function works and the home button DOES work but not from within a message. That makes sense, though. So thinking about it, I have no problem ,............ I think confused smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2018 04:49PM by Lorna.
December 06, 2018 07:11PM
Happening to me on my iMac running Mojave 10.14.1, but scrolls okay on phone and iPad.
December 07, 2018 04:24PM
I can scroll on iPad but not Mac.
December 08, 2018 03:34AM
Seems to be scrolling again now thanks.
J1
December 08, 2018 03:57AM
Yes, yay, thanks.
December 08, 2018 04:22AM
Thanks it happened to me as well on my laptop. All good now.
December 08, 2018 06:40AM
It worked for me, it was up and down for a while. Fingers crossed
December 08, 2018 04:18PM
Oh groan, some bad ad coding made this happen but it was selective as to who it impacting.
Sorry!
it was very frustrating and took longer to resolve than I wanted.
December 08, 2018 06:38PM
I can now scroll on my iMac, but the page has shrunk so that the text is almost unreadable and I have to enlarge it to read.
December 08, 2018 06:56PM
Both iMac and iPad are ok in my case.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.